Mavic air refuses to take off
1165 10 2020-7-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Maple2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 912185 ft
Canada

Hello, my mavic air refuses to take off and says that i am trying to fly in a no fly zone when i am not. Where i live, we have red zones and yellow zones; red zones are no fly zones and are usualy because there is an airport nearby and yellow zones are caution zones where you can fly, but you have to be careful (yellow zones are usualy there if there is a small, private airstrip in uncontrolled airspace or if there is a chance of sea planes landing). Now my problem is that my drone refuses to take off in yellow zones even though it is legal. Is there anyway around this? Thanks
2020-7-7
Use props
ririlan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 879154 ft
Canada

Can you give us your exact location? Maybe this would help us figure it out.  
2020-7-7
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Philippines

Did you try unlocking? Normally you need to do that in the blue zones but it would not hurt to try. Also bear in mind that the 2D zone map is quite misleading, the zones actually extend outwards as a cone. So even when flying (unlocked) in a blue zone on the map, you still can run into a "no fly" (red) area depending on your altitude and your distance from the actual red zone.

PS: If you unlock from a pc, you need to let the Go4 go online to get it recognized, and then you have to import the "unlock" into your drone. After all that, you also need to click couple of check boxes before you can launch.

2020-7-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Maple2. I am sorry to know that you are having issue with your DJI Mavic Air and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try checking your location on out DJI Flysafe link to see if the said location is a NFZ. In addition, kindly please send an email to our DJI FLysafe department at flysafe@dji.com for further assistance with regards to this matter. Thank you.
2020-7-7
Use props
heliaetus
lvl.4
Greece

Unfortunately there isn't a way around (even hacked firmware for MA). You need either to block GPS reception (with a tin foil) and fly VLOS or do a custom unlock with TCCA authorization.
2020-7-7
Use props
Maple2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 912185 ft
Canada

Thanks everyone for helping out
2020-7-8
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Philippines

No worries. I have been stranded in a blue zone last couple of months so I miss the days I could just pull out the drone and fly. It can be a bit of a hassle to unlock all the time but eventually you get used to it
2020-7-8
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

whats blue zone ?
2020-7-8
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Philippines

cutis Posted at 7-8 19:26
whats blue zone ?

That is what they call an "authorization" zone. Where I live that is the second zone outside the red around our airport and it actually is quite big. If you want to launch in that zone you need to unlock your drone through the web site or the app. I like the website because it gives you a 3 day pass...
2020-7-8
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

try asst2 the original rom that you know troublefree? batts too rc too?
2020-8-15
Use props
DeafMacBoi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7848 ft

United States

Very interesting post.  Last month I found Apollo X field for RC model and drone and is controlled by Park and Recreation dept. I have seen few people are able to fly their drones but they left the park so I decided to try and test my MA then MA took off but less than 2 minutes, MA landed on the ground I looked at Go4 app saying I am on NFZ and need to request a permission from nearby air tower but it was denied. I have no idea how or why it wouldn’t let me fry my drone while others can fly. But this Apollo X is a rc model and drone only field???
I gave up and left the field.
2020-8-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules