The transponder
5417 5 2020-7-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LennyObez
lvl.2
Flight distance : 156893 ft
Belgium

Today I have to talk to you about something that is not legal.

Like many people, I do urban exploration and urban climbing, I am lucky to live in a country where, although this practice is not particularly well regarded, is in legal limbo.

However, with regard to drones, we are limited like never, a leisure use must necessarily be done above his private land, and the flight is limited to 10 meters. It is illegal to fly beyond a natural territory for example.

To free ourselves from these conditions, we must pass a commercial license costing around 2000 EUR. which, for the use which remains of leisure, I cannot allow it.

I would like to know how easy it would be for legal authority to see my drone and/or take control of it via any device, and how can I protect myself from it? I know for example that some structures have white domes which are some sort of radar to take control of our drone when transpassing certain areas.

I do not intend to fly over dangerous areas such as military, air, or nuclear.

2020-7-8
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

If you have looked into the laws in your country concerning "drone flights", then you know that it is only a matter of time that every flight will/is/be monitored.
That gives you 2 choices:
1. Get "certified/licensed", and be legal (2k EUR), or
B. Go "renegade", and wait and see what happens. Probably going to be more than 2K.
I would go with #1.......
2020-7-8
Use props
LennyObez
lvl.2
Flight distance : 156893 ft
Belgium

Flycaster Posted at 7-8 06:21
If you have looked into the laws in your country concerning "drone flights", then you know that it is only a matter of time that every flight will/is/be monitored.
That gives you 2 choices:
1. Get "certified/licensed", and be legal (2k EUR), or

Having to pay a license to be able to fly where there is literally no danger like abandoned land - my country is strewn with it - and to see nature (forest) is theft! Even if it is the country that requests it.

Anyone in the exploration business knows full well that the regulations are far too strict, which is why they are renegade.

The fines here revolve around the price of the Mavic Air 2, a maximum of 800 EUR. in immediate perception. To admit everything, I already use my tool illegally, I know that it can be easily visible which is not a problem in itself.

What I would like to know is, does a competent authority (I don't know? A police station for example) know how to see all the drones in flight in the region, and deactivate them in turn?

I know that it is the case of the nuclear power stations and the airports, in any case, I stay far from civilization for the flights (I already made a sprain once to take night photos of the roads of my city but I do not intend to do it again).

I have already made 64 flights in abandoned places including factories, (abandoned) cities, parks, castles, communication towers, satellite dishes. So far, I have never had a problem, whether with the authorities or safety.

It's just that I'm afraid that in a few years, a flight above 10 meters will mean immediate confiscation and destruction of the drone and the fine that goes with it. I would like to know if it is "so" easy to spot a drone on a kind of radar that a mobile intervention unit could have?
2020-7-8
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

Again, up to you.
But the various Law Enforcement Acengy's ARE coming up with, and getting "drone deterrence hardware", for lack of a better name.
It's not out in full force "worldwide", yet, but it is coming, and Law Enforcement in the U.S. are starting to get them.
So, logically, it's only a matter of time. It's up to you, more than likely, you will be fine, and not get hassled.
But the first time.........
2020-7-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there LennyObez. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have shared with us. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI co pilots with regards to this matter. I n addition please check local policies and regulations before flying and as relevant laws and regulations will be updated from time to time, please go to the following airspace management policy websites to learn more. Thank you and fly safe always.
2020-7-8
Use props
Northwood
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

Whilst I dont know for sure, it would appear that most authorities except military and airport, would not have access to tracking systems.  Here in Canada the regular police would not in general.

I had a look at your regs, https://uavcoach.com/drone-laws-in-belgium/
They sure are mean!

If as you say you avoid sensitive locations like airports, military bases, built up urban areas, then you are probably just fine.  Best be very careful.  Good luck.
2020-7-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules