Mavic Air 2 Gimbal not centered properly.
1921 4 2020-7-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hritick14
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1020735 ft
United States

Hello,

I recently purchased the MA2, this is my 2nd DJI drone after the original Mavic Air.
I like to take drop down shots with my drone and when I double press the FN button to recenter the gimbal, looking down, the gimbal always stays a little tilted over the horizontal axis: L-1 degree.
I landed the drone, auto clibrated the gimbal and tried it again while landed on a flat leveled surface, but its still shows L-1 dergee after I recenter it everytime, either looking down or or straight up front.
I don't know if anyone else have / had this issue, so I thought if I can get any help for this.
Also, I have only just clibrated the gimbal, not the IMU or the compass.

Thank you.
Regards.
2020-7-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this matter. Did the drone experienced any hard landing or crash? Kindly please refresh the firmware of the DJI Mavic Air 2 using the DJI Assistant 2 then please calibrate the Gimbal after the firmware refresh. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-7-9
Use props
Hritick14
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1020735 ft
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-9 00:11
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this matter. Did the drone experienced any hard landing or crash? Kindly please refresh the firmware of the DJI Mavic Air 2 using the DJI Assistant 2 then please calibrate the Gimbal after the firmware refresh. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.
No, there were no incidents of hard landing or a crash. I just flew it 3-4 time for testing, after I received it day before yesterday- 7/7/2020. This came out of the box like this. Also this dorne hasn't performed precision landing even once. It lands 7-8 feet away from the take-off point (I alway takeoff from an orange landing pad- this should help for precision landing.) I've seen a lot of  videos of the Mavic Air 2  performing precision landing, I believe there is something wrong with mine.
Also, the 1st thing I did after receiving this was update the firmware by connecting to my laptop and using DJI Assistant 2, and then I calibrated the compass, IMU and the gimbal after activating the drone.
I've also done the update and all the calibrations again after I was experiencing these issues, nothing has helped!
I'll be returning this drone.
2020-7-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hritick14 Posted at 7-9 06:14
Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

I am sorry to know that the issue still persists after completing multiple troubleshooting steps. This is not the experience that we wanted you to have with your DJI Mavic Air 2. If you have any concerns with DJI, please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. Again, I am sorry for the trouble. Thank you.
2020-7-10
Use props
b9y
lvl.3
Flight distance : 704751 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 2020-7-10 00:49
I am sorry to know that the issue still persists after completing multiple troubleshooting steps. This is not the experience that we wanted you to have with your DJI Mavic Air 2. If you have any concerns with DJI, please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. Again, I am sorry for the trouble. Thank you.

Well you haven't actually helped have you?
2021-5-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules