Sport Mode WITHOUT Trigger Hold or Pan Lock
2140 4 2020-7-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lampcov
lvl.1
United States

Hey everyone,
I did try to search for an answer here but didn't find one so apologies in advance.

Is there a way through the software to put the OM3 into Sport Mode or is there a PAN ONLY lock?

We would like to use the OM3 on our waterski boat to film skiiers and we have a mount that allows a camera/phone to follow the skier by looping through the rope which causes the mount to move left/right with the ski rope. (Pic Below)

The plan was to mount the OM3 where the GoPro is in the photo and as the mount moves left to right the gimbal will follow and keep the video stabilzed. The issue is pan follow mode is too slow and the skier skis out of frame. If I could put the gimbal in sport mode, or lock just pan it would work just fine. Yes, I know active track is there, but the goals are to 1) make this as easy as possible for the skiers/driver, and 2) as the skier starts in the water and then gets up Active Track doesn't really always hold them...

Short of putting a rubber band around the trigger is there any way to accomplish this?
Thanks!
Marc
2020-7-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there lampcov. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have shared with us. With regards to this setup, I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI forum members who did this kind of setup using there DJI Osmo Mobile 3.  Just a reminder that it is best for you to use a recommended mobile device on the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 for compatibility and reliability purposes. and that the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 is not waterproof as well. Thank you.
2020-7-8
Use props
lampcov
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-8 20:46
Hello there lampcov. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have shared with us. With regards to this setup, I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI forum members who did this kind of setup using there DJI Osmo Mobile 3.  Just a reminder that it is best for you to use a recommended mobile device on the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 for compatibility and reliability purposes. and that the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 is not waterproof as well. Thank you.

I'm using the Osmo with my iPhone, that was just a stock photo of the device I was referring to. That being said, I did find that the Mimo app allows for the application of Sport mode, so problem solved!
2020-7-9
Use props
GoetzSaCebu
lvl.1
Philippines

Same question here:

Sad that Stephen "Super Moderator" isn't answering the question but only copyying some stupid 1st level reply bla bla bla.

As I didnt find a solution myself I suggest using a strong rubberband to hold the tigger down.
That way first press and hold, and while holding slide the rubberband ober the trigger keeping it pressed and sportsmode enabled.
Its not the best but a practical solution that doesnt cost too much.
2020-10-31
Use props
djiuser_l00L3No9XDXZ
New

Poland

lampcov Posted at 2020-7-9 04:49
I'm using the Osmo with my iPhone, that was just a stock photo of the device I was referring to. That being said, I did find that the Mimo app allows for the application of Sport mode, so problem solved!

Hi, can you describe where in the application sport mode enabler is located? When I was using Android I remember that such switch were in the app. Now I use iPhone and I can't find this option. Thx in advance for help
2022-1-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules