Fly More Combo ND Filters
1283 11 2020-7-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ssylca44
First Officer
Flight distance : 434721 ft
Canada

Do you find the ND filters provided in the Combo kit useful? And do you find them easy to install? Personally I find them difficult to install as they have nothing to grip on and I am concerned about damaging the gimbal. Any thoughts?
Cheers
2020-7-10
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mine take about 2 seconds to put on - the easiest filters to place on a lens that I have ever experienced. They work really well - the ND64 and ND256 are designed for long exposure photography.
2020-7-10
Use props
ssylca44
First Officer
Canada

A J Posted at 7-10 09:40
Mine take about 2 seconds to put on - the easiest filters to place on a lens that I have ever experienced. They work really well - the ND64 and ND256 are designed for long exposure photography.

Thanks for your reply. Have you considered using a  variable ND filter and leaving it on permanently?
2020-7-10
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ssylca44 Posted at 7-10 09:58
Thanks for your reply. Have you considered using a  variable ND filter and leaving it on permanently?

I've seen mixed reviews about those and the polar pro ones do not seem to be getting the same interest as what the brand usually gets on a new release. I find the ND filters from DJI do the job and I bought the other set they offer (ND4, 8 and 32). I won't be buying anymore filters now. You will find the DJI filters become easier to put on and take off the more you use them and wear in the connections.   
2020-7-10
Use props
ssylca44
First Officer
Canada

A J Posted at 7-10 11:41
I've seen mixed reviews about those and the polar pro ones do not seem to be getting the same interest as what the brand usually gets on a new release. I find the ND filters from DJI do the job and I bought the other set they offer (ND4, 8 and 32). I won't be buying anymore filters now. You will find the DJI filters become easier to put on and take off the more you use them and wear in the connections.

Good advice, thank you.
2020-7-10
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ssylca44 Posted at 7-10 13:56
Good advice, thank you.

You're welcome
2020-7-10
Use props
vitaly258
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1311375 ft
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 7-10 11:41
I've seen mixed reviews about those and the polar pro ones do not seem to be getting the same interest as what the brand usually gets on a new release. I find the ND filters from DJI do the job and I bought the other set they offer (ND4, 8 and 32). I won't be buying anymore filters now. You will find the DJI filters become easier to put on and take off the more you use them and wear in the connections.

same here. I used to have full sets of PolarPro ND and NDPL for my MA but now found out that 2 DJI sets is enough. maybe ND 400 and 1000 will be needed for cool long exposure shots.
2020-7-11
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

vitaly258 Posted at 7-11 04:35
same here. I used to have full sets of PolarPro ND and NDPL for my MA but now found out that 2 DJI sets is enough. maybe ND 400 and 1000 will be needed for cool long exposure shots.

An ND1000 would come in handy for long exposure on bright days for sure. I've since looked into variable filters and it uses two separate pieces of glass to obtain the chosen density so like polarised filters, they can cause artifact in the image at certain angles to the sun. They will be a time saver but I'm not going to spend nearly £100 for more filters I don't need to save seconds switching them out between flights only to ruin some shoots because of them.
2020-7-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there ssylca44. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have shared with us. I hope that you will get the best information from our fellow DJI co pilots who has purchased the DJI Mavic Air 2 Fly More Combo with regards to this matter. If you have any concerns or inquiries with your DJI Mavic Air 2 or with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you. Thank you.
2020-7-12
Use props
ssylca44
First Officer
Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-12 19:32
Hello there ssylca44. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have shared with us. I hope that you will get the best information from our fellow DJI co pilots who has purchased the DJI Mavic Air 2 Fly More Combo with regards to this matter. If you have any concerns or inquiries with your DJI Mavic Air 2 or with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you. Thank you.

Thank you for your reply Stephen. Cheers
2020-7-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

ssylca44 Posted at 7-13 04:50
Thank you for your reply Stephen. Cheers

Hi there ssylca44. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2020-7-14
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

I'm waiting for DJI store credit to order the second set of ND filters, I guess it would be enough for my needs...
2020-7-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules