PH4 pro+ V2.0 obstacle detection not working
690 5 2020-7-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jenz Hoofs
lvl.1
Netherlands

Hey i just got a brand new Phantom 4 Pro+ V2.0 yesterday.

And i have been trying to get the obstacle detection working properly.

Right now it is constantly detecting obstacles while on flat ground, i hold it in the air or while i let it fly up for a bit. On all sides it shows 2 red bars and 1 yellow.
The wierd thing is that if i put my hand or other object closer to it the bars become green. it is almost as if the obstacle detection is reversed.

I have tried doing all the calibrations: IMU, compas and VPS with my laptop (also tried on another laptop).

But sadly i can not get it to work and im starting to wonder if it is a hardware malfuction.

I also own a Mavic pro 1 so i do have some experience and have never had this kind of problem with that drone.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
2020-7-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this matter. Kindly please refresh the firmware using the DJI Assistant 2 and calibrate the VPS. If issue persists please provide a screen shot of the error. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-7-13
Use props
Jenz Hoofs
lvl.1
Netherlands

I have reset to factory with DJI assistant 2 on my pc and redo al updates two times already. Also did i do a factor reset of the controler and all the updates.
After that i redid all the calibration IMU compas and VPS on my pc.

You can see in the pictures that when there is no obstacle it will show 2 red bars and a yellow bar like there is something there, as you can see on the other picture there is nothing even near the drone.
When i put my hand close to the sensors it will show a green bar.

2020-7-13
Use props
Dog Man
lvl.4
Flight distance : 34380 ft
United States

Its working ok, your hand is just too close to the drone, my P4 works just like yours.
2020-7-13
Use props
Jenz Hoofs
lvl.1
Netherlands

Dog Man Posted at 7-13 10:44
Its working ok, your hand is just too close to the drone, my P4 works just like yours.

I don't see how this is working ok. When i take off it keeps detecting obstacles and it auto breaks constantly wich makes me unable to move any direction.

I know i can turn this off but this should just work properly when im flying i want this enabled so not to bump into anything.
2020-7-13
Use props
Jenz Hoofs
lvl.1
Netherlands

For anyone else having this same issue. I have not found a solution i send back the drone. Got a new Phantom 4 Pro v2.0. and it is true that it will display the bars while on the ground but it should stop displaying them while taking flight the new drone i just got does this. The old drone i got did not and would lock in the air because of the false detection.
2020-7-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules