For those with gimbal vibrations and jello image...
1007 2 2015-6-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
felixodiaz
lvl.1

United States

Hi guys, a couple weeks back i had the misfortune of crashing my P3 pro, clipped a palm tree and down it went gimbal first towards the corner of a sidewalk, the impact was strong enough to snap off the gimbal right between the camera and the gimbal base, after a couple of tears (lol) i analized the wreck and saw an opportunity of fixing it, bought some .50 stainless steel wire, a set of some drill bits for jewlery and some metal epoxy. I managed to "sew" together the two pieces with the wires and finish the bond with the epoxy ( it was like heart surgery, took me like an hr and a half) amazingly it held up quite perfect, now, while there was no damage to the camera there was some grinding noise coming from the gimbal, i said it was too good to be true, the vibration caused this jello efect in the video, very bad jello efect, i new it was from the vibration the gimbal was causing, it also started with a very inclined angle, had to take it to -7.0 just to level it, tried to calibrate the gimbal but it failed every time, i than noticed that there was to much play in the gimbal causing that grinding noise, i looked i little bit closer and noticed an alan screw right in the end, to my surprise it was a little loose ( aparently the impact caused it ) gave it a little torque with the wrench and voila, perfect video, gimbal calibrates, and the image starts off leveled, so guys, just check that little screw, it might be the answer.
2015-6-18
Use props
SULTAN This user has been deleted
Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-6-18
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

Get your buns out there and buy a Powerball ticket.

On the one hand you may be very lucky. On the other hand you may be a genius!
Great job!

I partially disassembled mine yesterday - just the upper part of the shell. It was a somewhat qualified success - there's still a very small pucker in two different places, but the "rib" (I think it has been referred to as a "tab" by most posters) is back inside where it belongs and, as long as one doesn't make a super close inspection, it looks good. Works fine too, all things considered.
2015-6-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules