Mavic Air Questions
927 13 2020-7-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MrGene
lvl.1

United States

I have come across a solid deal on a used Mavic air. Have not purchased it yet as I wanted to try and get a few questions answered.

1. What smart Phones will connect to the Mavic air?
2. Does Dji still support a discontinued product?
3. What alal sould I look at or look for when I go look at it again?
4. It has what appears to be a fly more bundle which has made it more attractive, How long are the batteries good for? Not flight time wise I mean how long can they sit ona shelf not being used and still be considered good?
5. Does Dji offer a buy back program in an upgrade situation to say a mavic air 2?

JUst a few thoughts and input would be appreciated.

Thanks
Mr.Geen
2020-7-12
Use props
heliaetus
lvl.4
Greece

1. These are tested by DJI, here's an independent list  with more phones (look for the green dot)
2. Yes
3. I prefer MA over MA2 due to the app it uses, I'd say go for it
4. Depends on you care, I'd say 200-300 charging cycles and 3-5 years
5. Yes if you're in US , if not there are other vendors that do it too

2020-7-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Mr.Geen. Thank you for reaching out and for choosing DJI. In addition to the post of heliaetus on post #2. I will post the list of recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mavic Air bellow. With regards to the Intelligent Flight Battery of the DJI Mavic Air. The said battery’s life depends on many factors. Normally, the battery can be charged or discharged 400 times. To properly store the said intelligent flight batteries. Discharge the battery to 40% - 60% if it will not be used for 10 days or more, as it can greatly extend the battery life. Please remove the said battery from the aircraft when stored for an extended period. In addition, I will post a DJI link where in you can find some tips on Battery Care ( https://store.dji.com/guides/battery-care-important-think/ ). Finally for reference I will post a link where in you can find the overview and the frequently asked questions for the DJI Trade Up ( https://store.dji.com/pages/recycle ). Thank you and please stay safe always.

2020-7-14
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Regarding point 3 - check all of the props and the body of the drone for scratches or grazes - this may be a sign that it has been in a crash. Check all of the battery cells and see how many times they have been charged. Test the gimbal pan dial, arm the motors and check the aircraft status in the app whilst it is turned on to ensure no errors pop up. Where possible, ask for a test flight with the owner present before parting with your money. And check nothing is missing from the original fly more bundle.
2020-7-14
Use props
MrGene
lvl.1

United States

A J Posted at 7-14 02:17
Regarding point 3 - check all of the props and the body of the drone for scratches or grazes - this may be a sign that it has been in a crash. Check all of the battery cells and see how many times they have been charged. Test the gimbal pan dial, arm the motors and check the aircraft status in the app whilst it is turned on to ensure no errors pop up. Where possible, ask for a test flight with the owner present before parting with your money. And check nothing is missing from the original fly more bundle.

AJ

thanks for response.

I was able to do a visibility check of  the drone pre-purchase for any visible damage and only thing i found was 1 prop was a tad out of shape, that being said no other damage was found. it did come with a set of new props.

I did not get any errors from the drone once i got the battery charged up. It came with a total of 4. I remember seeing somewhere in the app about how many times the battery was charged just don't remember right off where it was located. i'll look again today.

was not able to test flight the drone but was given a 10 day return window. I found the drone at a local pawn shop and had been watching it for a while. They finally started dropping the price on it. I think i got  one heck of a deal on it as I walked  out the door only paying 366.00 for it.

Everything checks out on it have had the time to make a couple of test flights. all controls check out, gimbal wheel works as well as all of the other buttons.

It came with 4 batteries and a 4 port charger. Also included were the prop protectors, remote to iphone cable, remote to android (micro usb) cable, did not have a remote to android C cable. Extra set of props,  joy sticks and a carry case.

I found a micro usb to C adapter and with that connected to my Note 10+ was able to achieve a positive flight.

Only thing I have not found, is a place to charge the remote or does it charge off the phone while in use?

MrGene
2020-7-14
Use props
MrGene
lvl.1

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-14 02:09
Hello there Mr.Geen. Thank you for reaching out and for choosing DJI. In addition to the post of heliaetus on post #2. I will post the list of recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mavic Air bellow. With regards to the Intelligent Flight Battery of the DJI Mavic Air. The said battery’s life depends on many factors. Normally, the battery can be charged or discharged 400 times. To properly store the said intelligent flight batteries. Discharge the battery to 40% - 60% if it will not be used for 10 days or more, as it can greatly extend the battery life. Please remove the said battery from the aircraft when stored for an extended period. In addition, I will post a DJI link where in you can find some tips on Battery Care ( https://store.dji.com/guides/battery-care-important-think/ ). Finally for reference I will post a link where in you can find the overview and the frequently asked questions for the DJI Trade Up ( https://store.dji.com/pages/recycle ). Thank you and please stay safe always.

[view_image]

Stephen,
Thanks for the reply. Currently using a Note 10+ with a micro usb to C adapter to make the connection from remote to phone. I'll reply again if I come across any issues I might encounter. Does DJI offer a remote to android C cable? have not been able to find one listed at the online store.

Thanks
MrGene
2020-7-14
Use props
FanOfFlight
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1983760 ft
Canada

MrGene Posted at 7-14 05:57
AJ

thanks for response.

The adaptor that charges the batterys will have two USB ports, you use one of those ports to connect to the remote.  The connection on the remote is the top left, the same place the cable that is used to connect to the phone is plugged into, just pop it off, and use that to charge.  The kit should have come with a cable, if not, its a standard USB to Micro USB.
I should add, the plug on the remote is a little more fragil than it should be, dont force the cable in, its a dual purpose connector, so the MicroUSB should be easy and smooth to plug in.  I dont want to scare you on this, but it is a little more fragile than it should be...  so look at it and be gentle....
2020-7-14
Use props
FanOfFlight
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1983760 ft
Canada

MrGene Posted at 7-14 06:01
Stephen,
Thanks for the reply. Currently using a Note 10+ with a micro usb to C adapter to make the connection from remote to phone. I'll reply again if I come across any issues I might encounter. Does DJI offer a remote to android C cable? have not been able to find one listed at the online store.

There is an andriod / remote cable that tucks into the built in channel within the remote.  I dont know if you can/how to buy it separate.  Maybe DJI can comment on that.  When the kit is sold new, it comes with both...
2020-7-14
Use props
DeafMacBoi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7848 ft

United States

AJ

thanks for response.

$366 is a sweet deal right from Pawn shop for fly more combo. You are lucky one lol.
2020-7-14
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AJ

thanks for response.

That’s a great price - good for you
2020-7-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

MrGene Posted at 7-14 06:01
Stephen,
Thanks for the reply. Currently using a Note 10+ with a micro usb to C adapter to make the connection from remote to phone. I'll reply again if I come across any issues I might encounter. Does DJI offer a remote to android C cable? have not been able to find one listed at the online store.

Hi there MrGene. You are very much welcome and thank you for the given information. With rgartds to the cables you need. Are these the cable you need ( https://store.dji.com/product/ma ... ion=5&vid=19441 ) for the said remote controller to the mobile device? Thank you.
2020-7-15
Use props
MrGene
lvl.1

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-15 23:46
Hi there MrGene. You are very much welcome and thank you for the given information. With rgartds to the cables you need. Are these the cable you need ( https://store.dji.com/product/mavic-rc-cable?from=search-result-v2&position=5&vid=19441 ) for the said remote controller to the mobile device? Thank you.

Stephen,

Yes that is the one I need will be ordering it today

Thanks
2020-7-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

MrGene Posted at 7-19 12:04
Stephen,

Yes that is the one I need will be ordering it today

Hi there MrGene. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. If you have any other inquiries or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you.
2020-7-20
Use props
Heiwhite
lvl.1

United States

The DJI Mavic Air 2 is the first compact drone in the world to pack a 48 MP camera. Weighing just 570 grams, the lightweight Mavic Air 2 delivers a flight time of up to 34 minutes, the most flight time available for any Mavic model. Now equipped with OcuSync 2.0 giving the Mavic Air 2 a 10km 1080p/30fps video transmission. Capture 4K/60fps HD video and enjoy user-friendly flight modes. Fly smarter, safer and farther then every before with the all new DJI Mavic Air 2.

I suggest you visit this website https://www.mold-making.com/plastic-injection-molding/ for Custom plastic injection molding service factory.
2020-8-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules