1632 10 2020-7-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans80268331
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9975610 ft
Serbia

Hi guys,

I compared my footage with other Mavic mini videos out there and noticed some grain / noise on all my videos that I don't see on others. I know I can remove it (to some extent) with NeatVideo filter, but I am still wondering if this is just my MM, or is it normal.

Here is one short example: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OSIjybNwfNnRRUvq1i_ZNwqSWM2xJzx8/view?usp=sharing. GDrive streams at 1080p, so you have to download it for a full 2.7k resolution. On my screen noise is clearly noticable on water and grass.

Thanks
2020-7-13
Use props
Rahul K
lvl.2
Flight distance : 67884 ft
Canada

Hey,

I don't see any grain on my mavic mini.

Have you downloaded your videos from the SD card because the videos in the Fly app are low res.

Also, lighting is a big issue with the Mini,  it perform horribly in both bright or low light situations. I had to buy a set of ND filters right away as I couldn't shot anything without them. As for the lowlight problem, there isn't much you can do as the sensor is so small anytime after I would say the sun is down on the horizon mavic mini is basically useless.  
2020-7-13
Use props
fans80268331
Second Officer
Serbia

Hello Rahul,

Yes, video is from the SD card, one example is here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OSIjybNwfNnRRUvq1i_ZNwqSWM2xJzx8/view?usp=sharing. Please, if you can, compare this video to the ones you get from your drone.

I understand that this drone has a small camera that has it's limitations. I am looking to buy some filters, but first I am trying to find out if my drone is performing as it should.

Thanks
2020-7-13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this matter. May I know what video player you are using? Please try VLC to check if the grains are still showing on the video. Kindly please reset the camera settings of the said drone and fly in a different location to isolate the issue. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-7-13
Use props
tuxtard
Second Officer
Serbia

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-13 23:35
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this matter. May I know what video player you are using? Please try VLC to check if the grains are still showing on the video. Kindly please reset the camera settings of the said drone and fly in a different location to isolate the issue. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

Hi Paladin, thanks for the suggestion.

I use MPC-HC and VLC on a Windows machine, and QuickTime and VLC on a Mac. Noise on Mac is slightly less visible, but it is still there.

I tried resetting camera settings already, but I will try it again. I can see the most noise on this video that I've previously sent () that is taken on a very bright and clear day with EV -0.3 and a locked exposure:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OSIjybNwfNnRRUvq1i_ZNwqSWM2xJzx8/view?usp=sharing

Here is another video that has been taken during overcast with EV 0 and auto exposure where I can still see some noise over the bushes and the statue, just as it passes under the drone:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XRwAG6lqJuKlP8OtT4RNk8qQyvdhGeL7/view?usp=sharing

Thanks

2020-7-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

tuxtard Posted at 7-14 08:20
Hi Paladin, thanks for the suggestion.

I use MPC-HC and VLC on a Windows machine, and QuickTime and VLC on a Mac. Noise on Mac is slightly less visible, but it is still there.

I am sorry for to know that the issue still persists after completing this troubleshooting step. With regards to this matter. I will forward this thread and concern to the designated DJI support team for further attention. Thank you.
2020-7-15
Use props
baldhead
lvl.2
Flight distance : 223694 ft
Denmark

I downloaded the 2 clips. Most of what you are seeing is compression artifacts. That is the price for small files ;) Note how the "noise" is mostly where there is a lot of fine details , grass, leaves etc. I am not seeing any i the water. Is the brightness of your monitor set correctly ? If your blacks are lifted you vil se a lot of noise at the bottom. I find that DJI crushes the absolut bottom to much but I think it is to hide the noise.
Also they add too much detail level aka sharpness which creates a bunch of problems as well.  But to answer you question - I think the 2 clips is as good as it gets with the MM. Noise reduction and a bit of unsharping  is your best hope
2020-7-15
Use props
baldhead
lvl.2
Flight distance : 223694 ft
Denmark

Forgot to say that remember when you compare your video to others that youtube compression will remove a lot of the noise even at UHD and 2.7K.
2020-7-15
Use props
tuxtard
Second Officer
Serbia

Ok guys, thanks. I understand that there are some limitations, but I wanted to make sure that this is normal for this model. I guess that videos that I saw were just "fixed" in post.
2020-7-15
Use props
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Lock the exposure. Bottom right corner hit the padlock once you have the exposure set. It looks like it's moving a bit in the footage. Also be aware the top setting for this is only 1080p. This isn't 2.7k footage uploaded. Are you recording in 2.7k?
2020-7-15
Use props
tuxtard
Second Officer
Serbia

22340179 Posted at 7-15 14:28
Lock the exposure. Bottom right corner hit the padlock once you have the exposure set. It looks like it's moving a bit in the footage. Also be aware the top setting for this is only 1080p. This isn't 2.7k footage uploaded. Are you recording in 2.7k?

Hi,

Exposure is locked on the first video, and on the second it is set to auto. It is recorded in 2.7k, but GDrive streams only in 1080p. Unfortunately, in order to see the "raw" footage  you will have to download it first.
2020-7-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules