Drone sometimes will flip and sometimes nott.
3193 7 2020-7-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RobIW
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi, I have an I flight dc5 with the dji system in, the goggles and controller.
I’m trying to figure out why sometimes drone can flip and roll and then sometimes it won’t. So it won’t roll at all and just go to about 45 degrees and move that way. Same with flipping backwards even when I pull the stick all the way back.
Did a flight yesterday and it was fine. Did a flight today and it’s almost in like a training mode but I’ve not touched anything.
Can’t figure it out. Any help? Is it one of the sc sb switches etc!
2020-7-13
Use props
Bezik
lvl.4
Flight distance : 420646 ft
United Kingdom

it sounds like you have switched the flight mode to angle mode instead of acro/rate mode

Angle Mode (a self-level mode):
Remains level without stick input
Pitch and roll is limited to a particular angle and the drone will not flip
2020-7-13
Use props
RobIW
lvl.2
United Kingdom

The thing is though I cannot figure out how to change it. There is nothing that says acro mode etc.
2020-7-13
Use props
rayk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 37562 ft
United States

You need to go into BetaFlight into the Modes section to to set Acro vs Angle
2020-7-13
Use props
RobIW
lvl.2
United Kingdom

rayk Posted at 7-13 14:08
You need to go into BetaFlight into the Modes section to to set Acro vs Angle

Ah ok. I will have a look. It’s just odd it’s done it before and then sometimes it won’t. Even when I’ve not been into beta flight.
Reading more into it there is an angle switch on the controller so I’m wondering if this is it. Will need to have a go.
70CFE8FE-0D2F-46FC-9B5C-F10101F545AE.jpeg
2020-7-13
Use props
Libertas Fuga
lvl.1

New Zealand

Sounds like your in angle mode, possibly flicked a switch

Jump into beta flight and have a look and your switchs and modes

see Bardwells vid; this will get you back in the air.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLy28mYiAzU

happy flying dude

2020-7-13
Use props
fansb9b609bb
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

RobIW Posted at 2020-7-13 22:56
Ah ok. I will have a look. It’s just odd it’s done it before and then sometimes it won’t. Even when I’ve not been into beta flight.
Reading more into it there is an angle switch on the controller so I’m wondering if this is it. Will need to have a go.

Just wonder what is that Flip under the Arm means?
2021-1-12
Use props
Tom_A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 899951 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansb9b609bb Posted at 1-12 23:54
Just wonder what is that Flip under the Arm means?

The flip probably stand for "Flip over After Crash" or "Turtle Mode". This spins sets of motors backwards so you can flight back over. Need to be careful when using this though. If a motor is blocked, it can burn out the motor and/or the ESC. The modes listed in the manual are really only suggestions. Depending on how you configure Betaflight, those functions can really be on any switch.

Most pilots like their arm on the lower left switch. If using a remote with a momentary switch (usually lower right), that can be used for pre-arm.

I have my flight mode switch on the upper right on my DJI controller. No risk of accidentally hitting the arm switch if I change flight modes while flying.

My lower right switch is a pre arm when centered but also turns on a physical beeper (not motor beeper). This makes the quad beep if it's possible to arm. The full up position activates GPS rescue.

The left upper switch is turtle mode in the center and the beeper again in the top position so you can turn on the beeper without enabling arming the quad.

Anyone flying FPV should really familiarize themselves with how the switches are configured and what their current settings are.
2021-1-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules