Caddx Vista interrupted during update
13792 17 2020-7-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pixelstu
New

United Kingdom

During the update of my new iFlight A85 HD with a Caddx Nebula module, the upgrade was interupted and now i cant connect the unit to controller/goggles or  the DJI assistant 2 via USB.

2020-7-13
Use props
amith
New

Israel

Im having the EXACT same problem, recieved my iflight a85 yesterday, started updating, it kept connecting and disconnecting at 95%, now it wont recognize the usb device (on two computers) and wont bind to controller/remote. light on the caddx is red
2020-7-14
Use props
amith
New

Israel

so accrding to caddx...if it happens the unit is dead. how dumb is that...
2020-7-15
Use props
KREMi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

pretty sure this system should have option to go boot/DFU mode, just under some pins/hidden connector inside on board...
but looking there are problems with this update bricking units, maybe it would be wise to record full update on camera, so when it dies - got some material for warranty replacement
2020-7-17
Use props
djiuser_IEM1mADZjiZ4
New

Germany

Damn! Same happened to me. I activated the Caddx Vista unit and started the update. It stops at 95% and takes forever until it fails.
2020-7-28
Use props
DjBac
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3463091 ft
Greece

Make sure that you have a freshly charged battery and the unit is in room temperature. Maybe you are running low on voltage.
2020-8-11
Use props
HybridOzone
New
United Kingdom

did you ever fix this as i have exactly the same problem?
2020-8-29
Use props
KREMi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

vista get pretty hot when updating - try install fan, or use some radiator on top of it - that will take a lot of heat from unit and it should let it finish without problem
2020-8-30
Use props
pixelstu
New

United Kingdom

They offered for it to be sent back to China for service, but needed a new one quickly. They sold me a new air unit board direct without the camera and antenna at a slightly reduced rate.

I have seen that other type Caddx units that have been bricked have been repaired by flashing the unit with a Arduino. Wonder if anyone know a similar setup for a vista?
2020-8-30
Use props
Ash Rane
New

Australia

Put the quad in the freezer for an hour then try again when it is super cold. Mine crashed again the 2nd time when it was super cold, but after putting it back in the freezer to cool down I plugged it into PC and it was updated!
2020-10-30
Use props
fans7e1c2549
lvl.1

United States

Hey, mine is doing the same thing, just seen the freezer comment. Does that work if im stuck at the red light when powered on. Originally i got a green light and was able to connect to my computer after freezing on update i have not been able to get the unit to turn green
2020-12-4
Use props
Laki K.
New

Germany

Hi guys, I have meanwhile 6 Vistas and with 3 of them I got the same behaviour, I sent 2 back to Caddx and had to pay like 50$ shippment and another 40$ tax (otherwiese they won't receive them), so now the third one is bricked and I will just throw it away.

My conclusion, selling all my DJI digital stuff because of teh horrible quality and service, I'm based in europe and it takes ages to get a replacement, basically thats no customer service at all. If at least DJI would take care of that issues it might be better.

So now I will just replace all DHJI digital stuff with Shark Byte and by the way I'm not the only one over here having that problems and moving on.

Regards

2020-12-20
Use props
RoyalGalactic
lvl.1

United States

Is it the case that if the Caddx Vista link light is solid red when you power up the drone that the unit is dead?

I've tried refreshing the firmware and I get stuck at 95% and then it fails with "unstable connection".

The Caddx Vista linked fine with the goggles and I see an image but I can not get it to bind with my DJI radio.
2021-2-28
Use props
BHarper
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

My Caddx Vista link light is solid red when you power up and stays red, wont connect to computer anymore, is there a fix or is it dead?
2021-4-2
Use props
do_adoo
New

Indonesia

BHarper Posted at 4-2 15:24
My Caddx Vista link light is solid red when you power up and stays red, wont connect to computer anymore, is there a fix or is it dead?

did you managed to fix it?
2021-4-12
Use props
djiuser_3uRLXPV4Hm5j
New

Czechia

Hi,
I finally managed to fix it!!!!
Just put the vista unit for an hour into the fridge.
Then you plug it into a charged 4S directly and there will be just a light green light.
After I plugged in the USB-C it connected and disconnected to the pc and didn't show up in hardware.
I thought it will not work...
But then I just disconnected the battery and connected it again repeatedly and....  solid green light and DJI Assistent let me update the device without any further issues!!!
I connected a little fan to cool the temperature down during the process and that is all.
I hope this helps you guys and saves your money!
Best
Dennis
2021-10-16
Use props
djiuser_3uRLXPV4Hm5j
New

Czechia

Hi,
I finally managed to fix it!!!!
Just put the vista unit for an hour into the fridge.
Then you plug it into a charged 4S directly and there will be just a light green light.
After I plugged in the USB-C it connected and disconnected to the pc and didn't show up in hardware.
I thought it will not work...
But then I just disconnected the battery and connected it again repeatedly and....  solid green light and DJI Assistent let me update the device without any further issues!!!
I connected a little fan to cool the temperature down during the process and that is all.
I hope this helps you guys and saves your money!
Best
Dennis
2021-10-16
Use props
fans3a10da1b
New
Flight distance : 363484 ft
Australia

Is there a solution to this? Had the exact same issue. Is it a caddex issue with the dji program?
2021-10-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules