New Mavic Mini owner
634 38 2020-7-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dylunio
lvl.1
Flight distance : 82625 ft
United Kingdom

Hi everyone, only had my mavic mini out a few times since getting it a few weeks ago. Anyone got any tips about the joysticks, as you can see in the video they are very sensitive and while trying to orbit manualy the slightest touch on the sticks makes it either go to fast or when you try to compensate you go too slow, any help would be apreciated, thanks
2020-7-13
Use props
Dylunio
lvl.1
United Kingdom

sorry how do you embed a video rather than just show the link, thanks
2020-7-13
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nicely done. I don't own the mini, but I think the point of interest mode
would have been a great choice rather than manual. Manual orbiting
takes years or lots and lots of practice to master. BTW welcome to the forum.
2020-7-13
Use props
Mashroomhut
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2760791 ft
Poland

Hi, Dylunio!
Thats pretty good video! I think using longer sticks and pinchng instead of operate only with thumbs - it could help. But You are doing well in the footage. Practice will help for sure.
2020-7-13
Use props
Dylunio
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Woe Posted at 7-13 13:41
Nicely done. I don't own the mini, but I think the point of interest mode
would have been a great choice rather than manual. Manual orbiting
takes years or lots and lots of practice to master. BTW welcome to the forum.

Thanks for your reply Woe, not sure what you mean by the point of interest mode
2020-7-13
Use props
Dylunio
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Mashroomhut Posted at 7-13 13:45
Hi, Dylunio!
Thats pretty good video! I think using longer sticks and pinchng instead of operate only with thumbs - it could help. But You are doing well in the footage. Practice will help for sure.

Thanks Mashroomhut, first thing in the moring I will try and source some longer sticks hopefully in the UK. Thanks for your kind comments.
2020-7-13
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Dylunio Posted at 7-13 13:45
Thanks for your reply Woe, not sure what you mean by the point of interest mode

Point of interest is just like using the quick shots.
2020-7-13
Use props
Mashroomhut
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2760791 ft
Poland

Woe Posted at 7-13 13:58

Unfortunately Mavic Mini doesn't have the POI... Yet?
2020-7-13
Use props
Dylunio
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Woe Posted at 7-13 13:58

Thanks Woe, just googled it and unfortunately POI is not available on the mavic mini, thanks
2020-7-13
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That's actually possibly one of the best video of it that I have seen. It looks like theres a fair bit of erosion in front of it, are they doing anything about it?  It appears much darker than I remember it, rusting nicely lol
2020-7-13
Use props
Dylunio
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Sean-newbie Posted at 7-13 14:05
That's actually possibly one of the best video of it that I have seen. It looks like theres a fair bit of erosion in front of it, are they doing anything about it?  It appears much darker than I remember it, rusting nicely lol

Hi Sean, from what I remember Sean when they erected it they said it would only last for around 100 years (I think) my daughter at the time was 8 years old and she has personal things within the time capsule buried in the foundations. It has got a lot darker over the years, the best one was when the locals put a giant Newcastle united football shirt over it, lol, thanks for your kind comments Sean
2020-7-13
Use props
ESchimidt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 310879 ft
Brazil

Very nice.  Thanks for sharing
2020-7-13
Use props
Dylunio
lvl.1
United Kingdom

ESchimidt Posted at 7-13 14:40
Very nice.  Thanks for sharing

Thanks ESchimidt
2020-7-13
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Mashroomhut Posted at 7-13 14:02
Unfortunately Mavic Mini doesn't have the POI... Yet?

Got it
2020-7-13
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Dylunio Posted at 7-13 14:03
Thanks Woe, just googled it and unfortunately POI is not available on the mavic mini, thanks

No worries.
2020-7-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nicely done.    
2020-7-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

PS.  I subscribed to your channel,  feel free to checkout mine - http://www.youtube.com/DAflys
2020-7-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Not sure if the mini has other modes that are set for less sensitivity.
Cinematic mode, tripod mode, or something.
2020-7-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

PS, still a good job!
2020-7-14
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 14237874 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Excellent footage
2020-7-14
Use props
Dylunio
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 7-14 00:13
PS.  I subscribed to your channel,  feel free to checkout mine - http://www.youtube.com/DAflys

Thanks DAFlys, I have also subscribed to your channel, up to now I watched a couple of your videos, never tried to film at night with the mini but after watching your fireworks which I thought was great has spured me on to go out and try at night, good job. Loved the church one, such a contrast from one angle where it looks almost isolated in the middle of nowhere and yet at a turn next to a busy motorway, great job, love it
2020-7-14
Use props
Dylunio
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 7-14 00:47
Not sure if the mini has other modes that are set for less sensitivity.
Cinematic mode, tripod mode, or something.

Yeah, wouldn't it be nice if DJI put in the software like they have with the sensitivity of the gimbal, pitch smoothness etc. and done the same with the controls where you can set the smoothness in software
2020-7-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Dylunio. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing this wonderful video you have filmed using your DJI Mavic Mini. Again, great work and fly safe always.
2020-7-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dylunio Posted at 7-14 01:00
Thanks DAFlys, I have also subscribed to your channel, up to now I watched a couple of your videos, never tried to film at night with the mini but after watching your fireworks which I thought was great has spured me on to go out and try at night, good job. Loved the church one, such a contrast from one angle where it looks almost isolated in the middle of nowhere and yet at a turn next to a busy motorway, great job, love it

thanks Dylunio.    Flying at night can be good fun,  but getting back on the ground sometimes is a challenge.
2020-7-14
Use props
Dylunio
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-14 01:08
Hello there Dylunio. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing this wonderful video you have filmed using your DJI Mavic Mini. Again, great work and fly safe always.

Thanks for your kind words DJI Stephen, hopefully before the end of the summer I hope to upgrade to something like an air 2 or similar as it does become quite addictive. I also should imagine there will be a group of drone enthusiasts or club locally within my region that I could join etc, thanks again
2020-7-14
Use props
Dylunio
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 7-14 01:19
thanks Dylunio.    Flying at night can be good fun,  but getting back on the ground sometimes is a challenge.

I might try and get out tonight as there is very little wind today, there again you never know it might start snowing later
2020-7-14
Use props
Dylunio
lvl.1
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 7-14 00:59
Excellent footage

Thanks for your comment AJ
2020-7-14
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 14237874 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dylunio Posted at 7-14 01:25
Thanks for your comment AJ

You're welcome
2020-7-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dylunio Posted at 7-14 01:24
I might try and get out tonight as there is very little wind today, there again you never know it might start snowing later

UK weather forecast has been very changeable of late.
2020-7-14
Use props
Dylunio
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 7-14 01:31
UK weather forecast has been very changeable of late.

Yeah DAFlys it certainly has, I ended up putting the UAV forecast app on my phone as I soon realised that wind with the mini is your enemy, I nearly lost the drone within a couple of days due to the wind but saying that it was bad that day, the mini did an excellent job though stabilising the footage and drone but the battery drained pretty fast, lol
2020-7-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dylunio Posted at 7-14 01:41
Yeah DAFlys it certainly has, I ended up putting the UAV forecast app on my phone as I soon realised that wind with the mini is your enemy, I nearly lost the drone within a couple of days due to the wind but saying that it was bad that day, the mini did an excellent job though stabilising the footage and drone but the battery drained pretty fast, lol

I use UAV forecast too.,  make sure you set the altitude for wind to about where you want to fly as it can be quite changeable as you increase altitude.
2020-7-14
Use props
Dylunio
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 7-14 01:43
I use UAV forecast too.,  make sure you set the altitude for wind to about where you want to fly as it can be quite changeable as you increase altitude.

Thanks DAFlys will do, cheers
2020-7-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dylunio Posted at 7-14 01:45
Thanks DAFlys will do, cheers

2020-7-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Dylunio Posted at 7-14 01:02
Yeah, wouldn't it be nice if DJI put in the software like they have with the sensitivity of the gimbal, pitch smoothness etc. and done the same with the controls where you can set the smoothness in software

They have that in the more expensive drones.
2020-7-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there Dylunio. Thank you for the reply and I hope that you will be able to get in touch with groups of drone enthusiasts or club locally within your area. In addition if you have any inquiries or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you.
2020-7-14
Use props
Dylunio
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-14 23:26
Hi there Dylunio. Thank you for the reply and I hope that you will be able to get in touch with groups of drone enthusiasts or club locally within your area. In addition if you have any inquiries or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you.

Thanks DJI Stephen, and thanks to you and everyone for making me feel welcome on the forum, cheers
2020-7-14
Use props
djiuser_8RgW1IYr6vul
lvl.1
United States

That angel is cool.  Good job
2020-7-15
Use props
Dylunio
lvl.1
United Kingdom

djiuser_8RgW1IYr6vul Posted at 7-15 01:45
That angel is cool.  Good job

Thanks djiuser_8Rg
2020-7-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Dylunio Posted at 7-14 23:30
Thanks DJI Stephen, and thanks to you and everyone for making me feel welcome on the forum, cheers

Hi there Dylunio. You are very much welcome. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2020-7-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules