Finally, a sunset. 4k hyperlapse
1114 19 2020-7-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
M4cr0s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1404308 ft
Norway

After days and days and days of gray evening skies and rain, the rain lifted just minutes before this display presented itself over the mountain valley of Folldal in central Norway. A million mosquitoes accompanied me as I impatiently waited for a simple course lock hyperlapse to run its course.

400 RAWs processed in ACR, then assembled in Premiere.

2020-7-19
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Lovely sunset hyperlapse.  
2020-7-19
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very nice.
2020-7-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there M4cr0s. Thank you for reaching out and for posting this stunning sunset 4k hyperlapse video you have created. Great work and fly safe always.
2020-7-20
Use props
vitaly258
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1311375 ft
United Kingdom

Wow!
2020-7-20
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 14177772 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great footage
2020-7-20
Use props
KREMi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

nice one! I would do a small change - sacrifice a little part of pictures (crop) to "stabilise" all images so that move would be smooth
2020-7-20
Use props
M4cr0s
lvl.4
Norway

KREMi Posted at 7-20 02:13
nice one! I would do a small change - sacrifice a little part of pictures (crop) to "stabilise" all images so that move would be smooth

You are right Sir!

I was processing this very quickly as I'm on the go. Just assumed 2s interval in calm conditions (at least on the ground) at about 1km/h would be smooth. Upon a second look it deffo benefits from having Warp Stabilizer or similar applied. The MA2 and that gimbal spoils me a little bit when shooting regular video ;)
2020-7-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Stunning.
2020-7-21
Use props
him7403
lvl.4
Flight distance : 374557 ft
  • >>>
Canada

M4cr0s Posted at 7-20 06:55
You are right Sir!

I was processing this very quickly as I'm on the go. Just assumed 2s interval in calm conditions (at least on the ground) at about 1km/h would be smooth. Upon a second look it deffo benefits from having Warp Stabilizer or similar applied. The MA2 and that gimbal spoils me a little bit when shooting regular video ;)

Try circle next time. Course lock seemed static here.
And always apply warp stabilizer in hyperlapse!
2020-7-21
Use props
M4cr0s
lvl.4
Norway

him7403 Posted at 7-21 18:49
Try circle next time. Course lock seemed static here.
And always apply warp stabilizer in hyperlapse!

I wasn't entirely sure how circle would work in such dark conditions, unsure if if it tracks an object optically only or if  it uses GPS as well. Felt I had to be at good altitude (120m) because of the low sun and not many really standout features on the ground to lock on. So I went for the safe option. But I do agree with you, should have tried circle. By the time the lapse was complete I had to return to home and change battery and when I got the bird up in the air again the light was pretty much gone so I went for panos instead.

You live you learn ;)
2020-7-22
Use props
NordicFinn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1888996 ft
Finland

Ahhh!!
2020-7-23
Use props
dommyt87
lvl.1
Flight distance : 328451 ft
United Kingdom

That is pretty damn awesome! I need to try the hyperlapse!
2020-7-25
Use props
M4cr0s
lvl.4
Norway

dommyt87 Posted at 7-25 23:34
That is pretty damn awesome! I need to try the hyperlapse!

Yeah, they can be mighty cool if done correctly. I'm just dipping my toes and can certainly improve things
2020-7-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Wow, looks spectacular!
2020-9-4
Use props
mark117h
Second Officer
Flight distance : 241306 ft
United Kingdom

Very Majestic & Cool Shot Too.
2020-9-4
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Sunsets/sunrises are extremely difficult to capture in photography, but humanoids are keep trying stubbornly . Thing is that no digital sensor is capable to record extremely wide dynamic range of such scenery the way human's eyes do. Luckily amazing ACR is delivering tools to help recover some details hidden in overblown or underexposed portions of RAW stills you wisely recorded. Two of these tools are particularly useful when used subtly: Gradual and Radial Filter. With these you'll be able to tame A-bomb blast a bit and pull the landscape details out. Secondly, a move sideway (L to R in this case, against clouds flow) may create more appealing hyper-lapse animation. Thirdly, video stabilization is a must in drone hyper-lapse.
Finally, always bring a mosquito repellent spray with you ...
2020-9-4
Use props
nevac
First Officer
Flight distance : 9776798 ft
Serbia

Beautiful shot!
2020-9-4
Use props
M4cr0s
lvl.4
Norway

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 9-4 12:04
Sunsets/sunrises are extremely difficult to capture in photography, but humanoids are keep trying stubbornly . Thing is that no digital sensor is capable to record extremely wide dynamic range of such scenery the way human's eyes do. Luckily amazing ACR is delivering tools to help recover some details hidden in overblown or underexposed portions of RAW stills you wisely recorded. Two of these tools are particularly useful when used subtly: Gradual and Radial Filter. With these you'll be able to tame A-bomb blast a bit and pull the landscape details out. Secondly, a move sideway (L to R in this case, against clouds flow) may create more appealing hyper-lapse animation. Thirdly, video stabilization is a must in drone hyper-lapse.
Finally, always bring a mosquito repellent spray with you ...

He he he

Photography is always about compromise and choosing which part of the scene dynamics to record, as well as knowing what you can do in post. Luckily it's quite simple these days with fairly decent WYSIWYG and histograms. I really enjoy this feature of my mirrorless system cameras and never regretted switching from DSLRs 8-9 years ago. Obviously small sensors like the one of the MA2 have greater limitations than APS-C and larger, but you can work with them and create stuff that looks decent.
2020-9-5
Use props
3Recon
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4175541 ft
United States

Thank you for sharing. you and others inspire me what is to come in my infancy of being a drone pilot. Eyes wide open
2020-9-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules