Lost color?
1068 12 2020-7-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans848f7190
lvl.3
Flight distance : 20669 ft
United States

I just got my first drone with the DJI Air unit. I'm using the whole system with controller. As I was setting up my new drone the video feed lost color and was just black and white?. Is this normal? I did notice the Air unit was hot as the drone was sitting idle while I was checking my settings for about 5 minutes.

2020-7-20
Use props
fans848f7190
lvl.3
United States

So windy out today not a day to be testing out a new drone....LOL

2020-7-20
Use props
KREMi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

interesting, cables camera>unit are ok? no dmg there?
2020-7-20
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13978875 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Not sure why you lost colour but it looks cool in B&W
2020-7-22
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13978875 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Not sure why you lost colour but it looks cool in B&W
2020-7-22
Use props
jffry7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27566 ft
Singapore

Mine did similar just today but everything turned green. reset power on model and flew fine for a few batts. I was flying indoor and my power was only set to 200mW.
2020-7-22
Use props
Kryml Munsta
Second Officer
Flight distance : 185262 ft
  • >>>
Germany

jffry7 Posted at 7-22 04:54
Mine did similar just today but everything turned green. reset power on model and flew fine for a few batts. I was flying indoor and my power was only set to 200mW.

happened to me, too twice.
- color faded to black/white once
- and the other flight color was blue/green'ish

repowering zje drone/fpv-unit turned the colors back to normal
2020-7-22
Use props
jffry7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27566 ft
Singapore

Hmmm... need to watch out for this. Only happened once as of this writing but on a note. This only happened after the new updated FW 1.00.06.00
2020-7-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Sorry for the delay. After checking, it could be the issue with the camera or coaxial cable. You may need to send the unit in for service.
Please start an online repair request on our official web and then send it back. Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index
2020-7-27
Use props
fans848f7190
lvl.3
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 7-27 05:40
Sorry for the delay. After checking, it could be the issue with the camera or coaxial cable. You may need to send the unit in for service.
Please start an online repair request on our official web and then send it back. Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index

Did you not read the thread where people stated similar things happened to theirs after the latest update as well??? Hello
2020-8-1
Use props
rayk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 37562 ft
United States

Mine did similar just today but everything turned green. reset power on model and flew fine for a few batts. I was flying indoor and my power was only set to 200mW.

I just had the same thing this evening, and everything turned green as soon as I started flying. When I armed it was not green. I finished the flight, changed batteries and then everything was back to normal.

2020-8-2
Use props
Ewoud Wijma
lvl.1

Netherlands

Mine did similar just today but everything turned green. reset power on model and flew fine for a few batts. I was flying indoor and my power was only set to 200mW.

I had the same yesterday, screen all green, repower, then back to normal. DJI, Is there an explanation for this? Is this a bug?
2020-8-28
Use props
Ewoud Wijma
lvl.1

Netherlands

DJI Susan Posted at 7-27 05:40
Please start an online repair request on our official web and then send it back. Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index

Too many people have this. I guess it is not hardware but software. Not the worst problem possible but if it is a bug, could also be related to other problems like image freeze...
2020-8-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules