839 4 2020-7-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TBoyAZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 31345 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have a Mavic Air 2 and in a Class D zone and i cannot take off. However, on my Mavic 2 Pro and other DJI Drones i can... (These are not using the DJI Fly app, but instead the DJI Go app) On the older app i can check a few boxes to acknowledge and off i go, but on DJI Fly app i do not see this option, am i missing it?
How do you do this with the DJI Fly app with the new Mavic Air 2?

Please note i am not taking this like hundreds of feet in the air.. I am using this to inspect the roof of my own house and/or items no higher than 100AGL. I am always under 100 ft at all times in these areas as Most aircraft (never fly below 250 AGL unless its an emergency, or military, aircraft an even then it is extremely rare to see ANY air traffic at these altitudfe around here.) There should be a way to override this for the Air App...

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Tom

2020-7-21
Use props
MisterFrag
Second Officer
Flight distance : 603143 ft
United States

https://www.dji.com/flysafe/self-unlock
2020-7-21
Use props
TBoyAZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 31345 ft
  • >>>
United States

Exactly what i needed, Thanks for your help

Tom
2020-7-21
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

TBoyAZ Posted at 7-21 14:00
Exactly what i needed, Thanks for your help

Tom

Also, try starting the motors...a message will come up and then a pop-up with the three boxes to check.  This may or may not work for you.
2020-7-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. We are happy to know that your previous concern was answered by MisterFrag at post #2. When flying in a restricted zone please follow local rules and regulation. Thank you for your valued support and safe flying.
2020-7-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules