9660 20 2020-7-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tezzo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2254 ft
South Africa

Hi,
I'm having issues with my DJI Mavic Air 2.
The video signal is very bad where I fly. I live in an urban area and I'm struggling to go past 1km before the video signal cuts out.
With my previously owned Mavic 2 Zoom, I was getting over 5km using the same route as the Mavic Air 2.

I tried re-calibrating the compass and the IMU but nothing changes.
I also tried updating the firmware of the drone and the controller with the DJI Assistant 2 app, but with no luck.

I bought the drone from Amazon in the US, and I live in South Africa. The online support guy I chatted with said I should send it back to Amazon, but I can't afford to pay for shipping fees.
My sister who lives in America bought me the drone.

Please help, Thanks.

2020-7-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Owning both zoom and Air2 , I have found them to be about the same, my set up and environment tend to be a large factor in reception. I did notice at first that RC position needs to change slightly with Air 2 and direction you point antennas helps also I have found signal greatly improves if altitude is increased. You’re in a CE zone getting 5k is well above the average for zoom in CE area.
I found so far in urban area I won’t have any problems at up to 2.5k and I’m certain there is more gaz in the tank. It has also been recommended that you fly in airplane mode on your device, I’m not sure if it makes huge difference but try it, but for me positioning RC and Antennas will greatly improve signal.
2020-7-23
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

are you holding the RC correctly, with the antenna pointed towards the drone? Are you flying high enough? Are you sure there's not a building or something between you and the drone?
2020-7-23
Use props
小仙女的星巴克
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4657841 ft
  • >>>
United States

Living in urban city, I am happy with the distance.
2020-7-23
Use props
B737ng
lvl.3
Flight distance : 297106 ft
Ireland

Best way to try it out is to go on a higher ground with direct line of sight and then try again.

I found I can get very good range on CE but if there is any obstacle or tree in between, this range can be reduced to 50meters!! Line of sight is vital here
2020-7-23
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2020-7-23
Use props
Tezzo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2254 ft
South Africa

I am in total line of site with the drone and I'm pointing my controller's antenna's  in the direction of the drone.
There are no tree's or building between my controller and the drone.
I am using airplane mode when I fly.
2020-7-23
Use props
NordicFinn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1888996 ft
Finland

Tezzo Posted at 7-23 06:02
I am in total line of site with the drone and I'm pointing my controller's antenna's  in the direction of the drone.

I got same kind issues in here europe. Urban area or suburban.
2020-7-23
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sounds like you may have a defective unit - I've reached 4.91KM with no signal loss in a CE area.
2020-7-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Then environment could be your problem.
2020-7-23
Use props
SemperFiGuy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 45643 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 7-23 04:44
Owning both zoom and Air2 , I have found them to be about the same, my set up and environment tend to be a large factor in reception. I did notice at first that RC position needs to change slightly with Air 2 and direction you point antennas helps also I have found signal greatly improves if altitude is increased. You’re in a CE zone getting 5k is well above the average for zoom in CE area.
I found so far in urban area I won’t have any problems at up to 2.5k and I’m certain there is more gaz in the tank. It has also been recommended that you fly in airplane mode on your device, I’m not sure if it makes huge difference but try it, but for me positioning RC and Antennas will greatly improve signal.

What do you mean by Airplane Mode ?

My Controller has 3 modes, Tripod, Normal and Sport.

Where do I find Airplane Mode ?

Thanks so much for your help.
2020-7-23
Use props
-Lucifer-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1307795 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Airplane mode on a phone if you used for monitor.
2020-7-23
Use props
-Lucifer-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1307795 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I don't know,but so far the air 2 is a best for interference. I'm in Vancouver lots of wifi etc noise in the air. I can go easy 3km radious. No issues.
2020-7-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

SemperFiGuy Posted at 7-23 13:44
What do you mean by Airplane Mode ?

My Controller has 3 modes, Tripod, Normal and Sport.

Sorry should have explained, airplane mode on your phone, so turn off Blue tooth and WiFi.
2020-7-24
Use props
InTheReeds
lvl.4
Flight distance : 347103 ft
United States

Similar issues here. I'm lucky to 1.5 km before getting weak transmission alerts. Regardless if airplane mode is on or not.
2020-7-24
Use props
SemperFiGuy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 45643 ft
United States

Ice_2k Posted at 7-23 04:56
are you holding the RC correctly, with the antenna pointed towards the drone? Are you flying high enough? Are you sure there's not a building or something between you and the drone?

All good questions, thank you.  I am very experienced and am sure to always have my antennae in the correct position depending on the drone and also adjust the height the further out the drone goes.  
I have returned/exchanged my 1st Mavic Air 2 at Best Buy and am now in the process of testing the replacement unit.

As an aside, I was very disappointed at DJI, as I had sent them several emails through their customer support site, and never received the courtesy of a reply.

I am now awaiting a reply from Customer Service on how to transfer the Care Refresh that I purchased on the 1st (defective) drone to the 2nd (newest) drone, and again, after two days, nothing.  Currently my Care Refresh is showing the serial number for the old, defective drone.  My fear is that if I have to use the Care Refresh for the new drone they'll deny it because the serial number is different.  There was a 28 day gap between the old and the new.
2020-8-7
Use props
ZSLee
New

Singapore

I encountered a similar problem. The remote control didn't manage to detect the signal from the drone even the drone was beside of it. Problem solved after I set the Transmission Channel Mode to "Manual" and Transmission Frequency to "2.4GHz".

If you set the Transmission Channel Mode to "Auto", it will automatically select either "Dual-band" or "5.8GHz" for the Transmission Frequency and that causing the signal undetected. No idea what's wrong with the Dual-band and 5.8GHz transmission frequency settings.
2022-6-2
Use props
djiuser_ZSvKqmgD7yCw
lvl.1
Flight distance : 133173 ft
Indonesia

ZSLee Posted at 2022-6-2 07:21
I encountered a similar problem. The remote control didn't manage to detect the signal from the drone even the drone was beside of it. Problem solved after I set the Transmission Channel Mode to "Manual" and Transmission Frequency to "2.4GHz".

If you set the Transmission Channel Mode to "Auto", it will automatically select either "Dual-band" or "5.8GHz" for the Transmission Frequency and that causing the signal undetected. No idea what's wrong with the Dual-band and 5.8GHz transmission frequency settings.

thanks for the solution, ill try it on my drone.. i hope it's woks.. thanks
2023-2-5
Use props
ghvsoftarts
lvl.2
Flight distance : 74859 ft
Brazil

ZSLee Posted at 2022-6-2 07:21

Another victim of the "quality" of DJI products!! Welcome to the team!!

My drone was bought in Canada in November 2022, I updated the firmware in December. The 5.8 Ghz frequency never worked again. :-(

The firmware update, if it takes close to 10 minutes, without proper ventilation of the drone causes the chipset on the motherboard to burn and then bye 5.8 Ghz ..
just changing the coreboard or looking for a company to replace the defective component.
I already exchanged emails with DJI Brasil, DJI USA and always the same information.
The Drone is nice but the quality is intermediate. Disappointed with DJI products.
And then they told you to change the coreboard and they rip-off  in a few thousand reais?!?!
Thanks Hug.

2023-2-27
Use props
ghvsoftarts
lvl.2
Flight distance : 74859 ft
Brazil

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=286033
2023-2-28
Use props
djiuser_aVZ1kTtjrKrv
lvl.1
Flight distance : 842343 ft

United Kingdom

It may be because you are in an area of high interference. This can be caused by an airport or buildings in the way. Also, other places where they may use radio can affect it.
2023-5-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules