Verify ADSB / Airsense
694 5 2020-7-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
K3v1n
lvl.2
Flight distance : 158698 ft
United States

I owned a MA2, US spec with ADSB (came with the sticker).  I just recently had it replaced under DJI Care, the replacement drone did not have such sticker. I can't seem to find anything in the app which mentions airsense / ADSB.  I thought there was something previously in the safety menu.

Any idea on how to verify if ADSB/Airsense is on this drone?

2020-7-23
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

Wait until a helicopter or low flying plane passes overhead...that said, I know of no other way to verify you have it.  Your replacement drone was probably a refurb without all the stickers.
2020-7-23
Use props
MisterFrag
Second Officer
Flight distance : 603143 ft
United States

The map display will have an aircraft symbol at the right edge of the window where you can adjust the sensitivity of the AirSense warning system. If it’s not there then ADS-B is unavailable; if it is there you can bump up the sensitivity to the maximum setting and increase the potential of receiving a warning. At the maximum setting, I get warnings for commercial aircraft flying thousands of feet directly above.
2020-7-23
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

MisterFrag Posted at 7-23 21:32
The map display will have an aircraft symbol at the right edge of the window where you can adjust the sensitivity of the AirSense warning system. If it’s not there then ADS-B is unavailable; if it is there you can bump up the sensitivity to the maximum setting and increase the potential of receiving a warning. At the maximum setting, I get warnings for commercial aircraft flying thousands of feet directly above.

Thanks for the info!!!
2020-7-23
Use props
K3v1n
lvl.2
Flight distance : 158698 ft
United States

MisterFrag Posted at 7-23 21:32

When you say unavailable is there a reason outside of the drone is not adsb equipped for it not to show?
2020-7-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi K3v1n, the replacement drone is ADS-B version upon checking the SN in our system, no worries.
2020-7-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules