Technical Mavic Air 2 ADS-B Questions
795 4 2020-7-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Magicdroner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 101086 ft
United States

Hi. I had some questions about the ADS-B which the Mavic Air 2 incorporates.
1. Is the receiver for the ADS-B signal located in the controller, the drone itself, or perhaps in both the controller and the drone?
2. What is the "bubble" range of the ADS-B receiver?
You'd think if the ADS-B receiver can detect a nearby aircraft (say a 1/2 mile away) that the receiver could also detect an aircraft that was a 1/2 mile high that was flying directly over where the ADS-B receiver is located (either the controller, the drone, or both the controller and drone). An answer to the workability distance of the ADS-B receiver should shed some light on the possible altitudes of nearby aircraft which the ADS-B detects. Can anyone help answer these questions? As always thank you very much.
2020-7-23
Use props
Vendex
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16722920 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Hello. ADS-B is located in the drone, onboard and not in the remote controller
2020-7-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. With regards to this query. The DJI Mavic Air 2 is equipped with AirSense which uses satellite and radio signal to identify aircraft location. For more details please visit this link to the DJI AirSense website. Thank you.
2020-7-23
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

Here is a link to a post I made earlier to tech support...I asked specifically about the "bubble" size and the first sentence after the colon is what the tech said.   I have seen a commercial jet at 30,000+ feet fly directly over my drone and no alert was triggered.  I have to think there must be some altitude criteria that the MA2 looks at and decides whether your MA2 is a threat to the other aircraft or not and whether to then give you an alert or not.   https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=220117
2020-7-23
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

The provided information states "when the system confirms the possibility of a collision" which tells me it's not going to alert if the aircraft is 5,000' climbing and I'm at 400" level.  
2020-7-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules