FollowMeMission timeout issue
1420 8 2020-7-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Anito
lvl.1
Flight distance : 472 ft

Hong Kong

When using FollowMe.startMission and the callback updateFollowingTarget operation to update the target's lat/lon, I 100% always get error: "Execution of this process has timed out " - this happens regardless if  I make the call anywhere from every 2 seconds to every 100 milliseconds.

This call was successful in simulation and in debugging and I'm trying in a variety of different locations

Does anyone else have the same problem or know what the fix is?

2020-7-24
Use props
kv886
lvl.4

Hong Kong

Which drone do you use? Some models of the drone do not support follow me mission.
2020-7-27
Use props
djiuser_dDQnk5ewdchs
New

China

kv886 Posted at 7-27 01:40
Which drone do you use? Some models of the drone do not support follow me mission.

What doesn't support it? My mavic2 UAV appears :The execution could not be executed.
2020-7-27
Use props
kv886
lvl.4

Hong Kong

djiuser_dDQnk5ewdchs Posted at 7-27 08:43
What doesn't support it? My mavic2 UAV appears :The execution could not be executed.

look at this page https://developer.dji.com/docume ... product-comparison. There is a table named Aircraft Comparison: Vision System and Missions
2020-7-28
Use props
Anito
lvl.1
Flight distance : 472 ft

United States

kv886 Posted at 7-27 01:40

I'm getting this on my Mavic 2 Pro
2020-7-28
Use props
gunther82
lvl.1

Italy

I have the same issue on a Mavic 2 pro, anyone found a solution?
2022-8-2
Use props
Mats Bohlinsson
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1838077 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

You always get that, It works even if an error is returned. It can only follow slow targets, so I recommend using virtual sticks instead.
2022-8-3
Use props
gunther82
lvl.1

Italy

Mats Bohlinsson Posted at 8-3 23:43
You always get that, It works even if an error is returned. It can only follow slow targets, so I recommend using virtual sticks instead.

Thanks for your answer, I was guessing that it worked because at every iteration I test FollowMeMissionOperator.getFollowingTarget() method and it changes every time, but the drone doesn't move in the simulator.
You say that it works only with slow targets, I tried to send always the same  location in order to simulate a not moving target, but the drone doesn't move anyway, I guess the problem is somewhere else at this point... you have some working example?
2022-8-5
Use props
Mats Bohlinsson
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1838077 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

gunther82 Posted at 8-5 00:33
Thanks for your answer, I was guessing that it worked because at every iteration I test FollowMeMissionOperator.getFollowingTarget() method and it changes every time, but the drone doesn't move in the simulator.
You say that it works only with slow targets, I tried to send always the same  location in order to simulate a not moving target, but the drone doesn't move anyway, I guess the problem is somewhere else at this point... you have some working example?

I cant find the code.

More info here:
https://stackoverflow.com/questi ... ji-android-sdk?rq=1

Don't forget to start the sim with enough sats, otherwise it will not work.
2022-8-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules