Battery Charge Cycle
520 11 2020-7-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ssylca44
First Officer
Flight distance : 434721 ft
Canada

What constitutes a battery cycle? Should the battery have to be discharged to a certain point and then fully charged to count as a cycle? Any idea? Thank you.

2020-7-27
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

According to the DJI manual the battery needs to be discharged to <30% before being fully recharged again. I believe this is in regards to maintaining the battery health in terms of discharging and recharging at least once every three months but may also be indicative of what DJI define as a full cycle.

2020-7-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. With regards to this query. As AJ advised at post #2 the battery needs to be below 30% then fully charged to count as 1 cycle. If you have further concern or inquiry, please fele free to post it here at DJI Forum. Thank you.
2020-7-29
Use props
ssylca44
First Officer
Canada

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-29 03:12
Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. With regards to this query. As AJ advised at post #2 the battery needs to be below 30% then fully charged to count as 1 cycle. If you have further concern or inquiry, please fele free to post it here at DJI Forum. Thank you.

Many thanks DJI Paladin. Cheers
2020-7-29
Use props
kiminx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 149032 ft
Indonesia

if i recharge the battery  when still has 50%-35%, will count as 1 cycle?
2020-7-29
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

Looks like the "cut" is 30% to flip the counter bit, as above...
2020-7-29
Use props
ssylca44
First Officer
Canada

Flycaster Posted at 7-29 07:18
Looks like the "cut" is 30% to flip the counter bit, as above...

Good, but what happens if you re-charge only to 75%?
Upon checking (the above question) Flycaster is right ONLY discharge < 30% register with the counter. My battery was about 50% charged when I recharged it to 100% and the number of charges didn't increase.
2020-7-29
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

I would never charge anything less than FULL charge. period.
You may/will need that "extra reserve" to get your 2 bucks back to home.
You are only asking for heartache when your bird does not make it home....
So, the answer is:
Running the battery down to 30%, then charging it FULLY increments the charge cycle counter.
Also, as a reminder, that battery you picked up, that shows a remaing 75% charge? When you try to fly, it will be more like 40 %.
Always fully charge your batteries, even for a ten minute flight. It may go longer than expected....
2020-7-29
Use props
ssylca44
First Officer
Canada

Flycaster Posted at 7-29 11:18
I would never charge anything less than FULL charge. period.
You may/will need that "extra reserve" to get your 2 bucks back to home.
You are only asking for heartache when your bird does not make it home....

What's about storage? one week? or several weeks. The battery will self-discharge anyway after a couple of days. I wouldn't fully charge my batteries if not to be used the same day or the next.
2020-7-29
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

There is a battery protection feature built into the batteries.
The "Self-Discharge" feature will help protect your batteries by discharging them to safe "storage level",
approx. 50%. The setting is in to Go4 app, and you have to set each battery separately in the AC when powered up.
I have mine set for 3 days (default used to be 10 days on the Mavic Gen I). If I charge my batteries for a planned flight, and krap comes up, three days later, the batteries are at storage voltage. And don't keep hitting the battery button to "check on them", this will reset the timer for the x day battery draw down.....
No problemo. And yes, this will not flip the counter as the battery did not go below 30%.
Every 8/10 weeks, I fully charge up the batteries, and fly, or just hover to draw down the batteries to say 20/25%. This is to exercise the battery for health and longevity.
And never, ever charge these suckers when warm/just expended. Let them rest and cool, and keep them out of the hot car. This will help to decrease the chance of swelling...
2020-7-29
Use props
ssylca44
First Officer
Canada

Flycaster Posted at 7-29 12:48
There is a battery protection feature built into the batteries.
The "Self-Discharge" feature will help protect your batteries by discharging them to safe "storage level",
approx. 50%. The setting is in to Go4 app, and you have to set each battery separately in the AC when powered up.

Unfortunately, in DJI Fly there is NO available settings for the discharge over time.
2020-7-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

ssylca44 Posted at 7-29 04:09
Many thanks DJI Paladin. Cheers

You are more than welcome and thank you for your valued support.
2020-7-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules