DJI App issues - Both Samsung and iPad
1548 12 2015-6-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
danieltrollope6
New

Australia

Hi there, I just wanted to see if anyone else is having any issues with the DJI App on their Samsung and iPad tablets? I am running both with the most up to date version of the App (1.1.2) and I am continuing to have issues with the live feed from my Inspire 1. I am also having issues with the signal as it seems to drop out and flash red in the top of the screen. Is anyone else having these issues? If anyone knows of a fix to stop this from happening could you please let me know.
2015-6-20
Use props
busclas
lvl.3
Flight distance : 609012 ft
United States

The Android latest app version is 1.2 not sure if the fix you need is there though.
2015-6-20
Use props
Mountnman
lvl.2

United States

My ios app doing same.  mostly no signal message... got it to work for a few min after imu cal but then went bad again.
2015-6-20
Use props
jeremyerickson
New

United States

My iPad is doing the same thing.  My stream will be black and the Red light says "Not connected" doesn't work even if its close.  Its really bad, not able to use my viewfinder having to fly by line of sight.
2015-6-20
Use props
danieltrollope6
New

Australia

jeremyerickson@ Posted at 2015-6-21 11:16
My iPad is doing the same thing.  My stream will be black and the Red light says "Not connected" doe ...

I tried with an iPad also thinking it may just be the Samsung however had the same issues as you today. This is something DJI need to sort out ASAP!! The very first version of the App was fine and ever since that launched the first upgrade for the Phantom 3 there has been issues!

PLEASE FIX THE ISSUE DJI!!
2015-6-20
Use props
danieltrollope6
New

Australia

busclas Posted at 2015-6-20 22:18
The Android latest app version is 1.2 not sure if the fix you need is there though.

Yes the upgrade has not fixed the issue..
2015-6-20
Use props
JerryMutter
lvl.2

United States

yes the last 2 android versions have ruined my once great machine I have never crashed but now my app is real laggey and slows down it is now unusable if only I could get back to the version that worked tried many things to no avail.
the version released after all the beta testing was great how can I get back to that
2015-6-21
Use props
Sky Ninja
lvl.3

United States

Watch your step people, this is exactly what mine did, just prior to taking a power revved, smash into a tree, dirt nap. It was a mid Feb mfg build. After being gone for 8 weeks, it returned, was sent back and returned again, a week later. I was accused by the forum moderator to have 'bad equipment and that it was nothing to do with the Inspire.' After it's return from the escalated RMA, due to the first time around not working out so well, I got it back and the camera showed exactly what you are writing and commenting on. NO SIGNAL and NO Picture/Videos- gimbal responded, but nothing else. This was after loading and reloading both IOS and ANDROID pads and tablets. Mind you, it kept dropping signal and video feed just prior to crashing it the first time. Talk about frustration...

There are those who say it isn't needed, I say, "If I paid for it, it NEEDS to work like it should."

Tell me, does it look like this?

-S.N.
2015-6-21
Use props
peter.psilver
lvl.3

United Kingdom

I was having signal issues as well. I had to send mine off to DJI for repair after I crashed it. They have replaced the ribbon cable to the gimbal and a the problem seems to have been resolved.

When I crashed the I1 (broke an arm) the ribbon cable had come out of the connectors. I managed to put it back in but the connection didn't seem to be well made and I started to get connection issues.

May be wise just to check that the cable is in properly.
2015-6-21
Use props
jon
New

United States

I have the same issues with my Samsung Galaxy 4 and am forced to use my very small android phone.  Is there a tablet that doesn't have communication issues?
2015-7-2
Use props
BrianInMN
lvl.2
Flight distance : 87310 ft
United States

Same here with my iPad 2 Air. Happened after the last Software update.
2015-7-2
Use props
Tassiejeff
lvl.2
Flight distance : 137730 ft
Australia

I cannot log into my account with the latest iOS App for my iPad Air. It keeps telling me to check my network. I have tried several networks and they are all working fine. The problem seems to be the new App version 1.2.0.
Anyone else having problems?
2015-7-3
Use props
PaoloMelini
New

Guatemala

I have the same problem with my ipad air, but when i use my iPhone 6 plus, no problems. Weird.
2015-7-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules