1166 20 2020-8-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Most of the time it's a failed attempt. Either the clouds are overblown or the landscape below contains no details whatsoever. Although DNG image format is offering wildly wide array of recovering tools, the final result after tedious tweaking is always a compromise, more or less unreal. Here's an example, 3x3 panorama shot with Mavic 2 Pro somewhere in Rocky Mountains, before and after editing. DNG sequence was batch conferted to TIFF format, stitched in PTGui software into huge TIFF and finally graded in Photoshop.

PANO0001 Panorama.jpg
PANO0001 Panorama_edit.jpg
2020-8-1
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice shots.
2020-8-1
Use props
Cavu Films
Second Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

Second shot is fantastic.
2020-8-1
Use props
Depp
Captain
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Well edited. Really got the shadows well lit without placing the clouds any my. On the contrary!
2020-8-1
Use props
QQRUCH
Second Officer
Flight distance : 595518 ft
Spain

Great work. Amazing view! Thanks for sharing!
2020-8-2
Use props
KDP +
lvl.4
Flight distance : 947930 ft
Belgium

Nice pictures !
2020-8-2
Use props
Baykayaker
lvl.2
Flight distance : 826168 ft
United States

Beautiful.
2020-8-2
Use props
ckat007
Second Officer
Flight distance : 887024 ft
Finland

Very nice pictures
2020-8-2
Use props
Nick M
lvl.4
Flight distance : 600574 ft
United States

Beautiful!  Nice edit!
2020-8-2
Use props
nevac
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9776798 ft
Serbia

Nice done!
2020-8-2
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Cavu Films Posted at 8-1 20:18
Second shot is fantastic.

I'm sorry to say, but you've missed the point. This is a single shot, shown BEFORE and AFTER editing ...
2020-8-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Great job beautiful..
2020-8-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2nd image looks great.  Was that a manual AEB and pano?
2020-8-3
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Very nicely done
2020-8-3
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

DAFlys Posted at 8-3 23:21
2nd image looks great.  Was that a manual AEB and pano?

It was a 3x3 auto pano shot in RAW, no AEB. DNG format was converted into TIFF, all 9 images stitched in PTGui into one large TIFF and the editing start from this point. Here I'm taking the advantage of powerful tools Adobe Camera Raw is supplying, most notably Graduated and Radial filters. With these filters I can manipulate all aspects of a particular spot (s) within given image to the point of making AEB approach almost obsolete. It's sickening how far digital photography editing went these days ...
2020-8-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 8-4 11:52
It was a 3x3 auto pano shot in RAW, no AEB. DNG format was converted into TIFF, all 9 images stitched in PTGui into one large TIFF and the editing start from this point. Here I'm taking the advantage of powerful tools Adobe Camera Raw is supplying, most notably Graduated and Radial filters. With these filters I can manipulate all aspects of a particular spot (s) within given image to the point of making AEB approach almost obsolete. It's sickening how far digital photography editing went these days ...

Dont you loose the benefit of dog when you convert to tiff as you loose some of the extra information thats in there?
2020-8-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for sharing this beautiful panorama photo you have captured using your DJI Mavic 2 Pro. Awesome work and thank you for your valued support.
2020-8-5
Use props
Drone View Poland
lvl.4
Flight distance : 285302 ft
Poland

nice done
2020-8-5
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very well edited.  
2020-8-5
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

DAFlys Posted at 8-5 00:19
Dont you loose the benefit of dog when you convert to tiff as you loose some of the extra information thats in there?

Amazingly not much is sacrificed when dealing with non-compressed TIFF format, as opposed to RAW. Adobe did excellent job during all these years, offering Camera Raw filtering mode to a non-RAW-but-better-than-JPEG formats. In particular forms of landscape photography I've found no benefits of employing ABS approach, dealing with single averagely exposed RAW images instead. You can actually stitch them into one huge RAW and tweak it later with all benefits RAW is offering. My point in this thread is that Mavic's camera sensor of rather mediocre dynamic range can't really deal well enough with such drastically contrast image. Some details are recoverable, but the final result is barely acceptable and far away from what human eye is capable of ...
2020-8-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Lovely captures!
2020-9-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now