Programming issue with rotational speed.
1861 3 2020-8-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aveon
lvl.1
India

I recently brought the robomaster S1.

I am running through the basics of robomaster programming.
In the section for drifting the code used as shown in the image attached.

This is same as in the guide.
However the robot does not perform a 180 degree turn. It only does like 160 or 170 degrees.

Using normal rotate 180 degree seems to work fine.
Is anyone facing a similar issue ?

Code

Code

code

code
2020-8-4
Use props
BGA
lvl.4
United States

You have to keep in mind that the wheels might slip and, generally, that the mechanical process to move the robot is not perfect. To actually move with any kind of precision it would need sensors to locate itself in the world and the S1 does not have those. For example, if you pick it up and run the program, it will also think it moved when, in fact, it did not.
2020-8-7
Use props
Aveon
lvl.1
India

I agree on your points. I did a couple of more runs and irrespective of the surface and programming it always rotates a little less than the programmed angle.
For example even for a rotation speed 90 degrees it rotates upto 70 degrees. I feel it could be an issue programming api for the rotational speed.
2020-8-7
Use props
BGA
lvl.4
United States

Aveon Posted at 8-7 22:47
I agree on your points. I did a couple of more runs and irrespective of the surface and programming it always rotates a little less than the programmed angle.
For example even for a rotation speed 90 degrees it rotates upto 70 degrees. I feel it could be an issue programming api for the rotational speed.

It is not. To rotate it has to translate the angle to speeds in 4 different wheels. There are at least 2 integral s involved in this not to mention the actual imprecision I mentioned. What would surprise me would be if you actually got precise results.
2020-8-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules