24228 23 2020-8-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kevster123
lvl.1
Flight distance : 179596 ft
  • >>>
United States

Does anyone know if there's a way to turn off the red/green LEDs on the Mavic Air 2?
On the Mavic Pro I remember you could do it in the app, but I don't see this option in the DJI app.

2020-8-7
Use props
djiuser_mWsPM82CwLXx
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4383520 ft
Finland

Need to answers same question.flying 15,8km and mayby break that if led its off.
2020-8-8
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No you can't though the front red orientation lights turn off automatically when pressing the shutter button and stay off when recording video. The rear green status lights never turn off nor did they on the MP.
2020-8-8
Use props
kevster123
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Thanks! Looks like black tape it is to make it invisible.
2020-8-8
Use props
EricOwen
lvl.1
United States

I am curious as to why you would want to disable the navigation lights on your drone. They are actually there for the purpose of distinguishing the left and right sides of the the drone, just as on a manned a/c or a boat. Red is left and green is the right hand side.
2020-8-18
Use props
kevster123
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

EricOwen Posted at 8-18 14:11
I am curious as to why you would want to disable the navigation lights on your drone. They are actually there for the purpose of distinguishing the left and right sides of the the drone, just as on a manned a/c or a boat. Red is left and green is the right hand side.

it's super annoying to have people see the drone flying around and attract attention. I'd rather not have people know that there's a drone in the area at all.   The purpose for boat lights is so other boats don't hit it... not really a risk with other drones.
2020-8-18
Use props
Newtothegame
lvl.1
Flight distance : 662690 ft
Australia

EricOwen Posted at 2020-8-18 14:11
I am curious as to why you would want to disable the navigation lights on your drone. They are actually there for the purpose of distinguishing the left and right sides of the the drone, just as on a manned a/c or a boat. Red is left and green is the right hand side.

you are quite wrong there it is not left or right side as in Port and Starboard it is in fact red is front and green is rear. The main reason you want to disable the lights is for night photography. If you have take a photo at night without disabling the red front facing lights you will just have an image blow out by red light.
2021-2-16
Use props
djiuser_ZRYtNSaBxuL3
lvl.3

Indonesia

A J Posted at 2020-8-8 10:47
No you can't though the front red orientation lights turn off automatically when pressing the shutter button and stay off when recording video. The rear green status lights never turn off nor did they on the MP.

Mavic pro can turn off all of the led... Blink led on rear also can turn off totally by use superpatcher
2021-7-26
Use props
djiuser_ZRYtNSaBxuL3
lvl.3

Indonesia

https://youtu.be/miUO0JYei0c

Easy by DRONE HACK
2021-8-25
Use props
djiuser_IzVGb48csytA
New

Australia

kevster123 Posted at 2020-8-8 22:24
Thanks! Looks like black tape it is to make it invisible.

LOL Why the Hell didn't I think of that?  I was racking my brain trying to think of hacks, software fix's Flashing firmware, and I never thought to stick a piece of tape over them!!
2021-9-5
Use props
aytacengin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 658937 ft
  • >>>
Turkey

Yes you can.. but not free.

Install this app on android device.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.voxelminds.hyperdji

Take care!
A96F0224-30FE-4751-B684-7D3F3936FAB8.jpeg
2021-9-15
Use props
fansfc872532
lvl.1
Flight distance : 156736 ft
Australia

Newtothegame Posted at 2-16 03:22
you are quite wrong there it is not left or right side as in Port and Starboard it is in fact red is front and green is rear. The main reason you want to disable the lights is for night photography. If you have take a photo at night without disabling the red front facing lights you will just have an image blow out by red light.

No he actually quite right. You can tell which is the front or rear by which lights you can see on the left or right.  
2021-11-29
Use props
djiuser_A2SZ3Qzj20rb
New

United Kingdom

Air craft use orientation lights.
Red = port
Green=starbaord
White =rear.

The Leds on the mavic 2s are very bright. I would just like the option to turn them on or off as needed. Also wouldnt this save battery life?
2022-1-30
Use props
phuc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 765906 ft
Australia

A J Posted at 2020-8-8 10:47

Use heat shrink seal
2022-2-9
Use props
S20M
New
Italy

djiuser_A2SZ3Qzj20rb Posted at 1-30 16:34
Air craft use orientation lights.
Red = port
Green=starbaord

I also find them overly bright...
2022-2-28
Use props
Etops.Skipper
New

Brazil

Are you sure these ledsare navigation lights and not system status lights? As far as I remember, from my 40+ Ys as a pilot, red lgts goes on the left side of the aircraft and green goes on the right . It’s reslly annoying to have non standard lighting as guidance
2022-9-11
Use props
djiuser_BCMPkgzdZGxf
New

Canada

I am curious as to why you would want to disable the navigation lights on your drone. They are actually there for the purpose of distinguishing the left and right sides of the the drone, just as on a manned a/c or a boat. Red is left and green is the right hand side.

The reason that I want to disable the led lights it’s because I want to record hand held with it.
I go to a lot of worship service and or concerts that the room is dark and I want to be able to record without everybody being distracted by the bright lights. That’s my personal reason for wanting to disable the lights,
Thanks!
2022-9-17
Use props
fans93f94f9b
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6035262 ft
United Kingdom

https://apps.apple.com/app/id1569761239
4D2A3ED4-B87D-435C-9CCF-168E0089ED65.png
F0F59220-4F86-4BCF-B74A-F7E36476254B.png
2022-9-18
Use props
djiuser_1XuuXMuIDGUE
lvl.1

Canada

I would be interested in finding a solution as well. Currently using  electrical tape cut down to size. It is a inconvenience as I only do this when using the drone for light painting don't  like having the red/green lights in my photos. Prefer the white from the landing light or the lumecubes attached. Been searching for something I could clip on that blocks the lights and then pop them off when not needed.
2022-12-25
Use props
djiuser_6ORpHRHpUEcP
New

United States

djiuser_1XuuXMuIDGUE Posted at 2022-12-25 15:16
I would be interested in finding a solution as well. Currently using  electrical tape cut down to size. It is a inconvenience as I only do this when using the drone for light painting don't  like having the red/green lights in my photos. Prefer the white from the landing light or the lumecubes attached. Been searching for something I could clip on that blocks the lights and then pop them off when not needed.

Perhaps a short strip of Velcro might work.
2023-1-20
Use props
djiuser_3Q0kk1YwtHyi
New

Poland

Well, for instance because we do not want the enemy to see when we drop fragmentation gr on their heads ... ? Tape is always a bit transparent and LEDs are very bright.
2023-5-27
Use props
djiuser_ywq6MeEdTJd2
New
Flight distance : 49 ft

Spain

I have bought a second hand air 2s and it became with all leds Switch off. Im looking how to switch on and I dont find any information anywhere. PLEASE HELP
2023-11-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_ywq6MeEdTJd2 Posted at 11-18 00:39
I have bought a second hand air 2s and it became with all leds Switch off. Im looking how to switch on and I dont find any information anywhere. PLEASE HELP

Hello there. Sorry about the inconvenience. Just to confirm, is the drone operational but the LEDs do not light up even when not recording? Have a nice day.
2023-11-19
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
Flight distance : 5009016 ft
  • >>>
United States

Check this video

Just be carefulif you are shooting after twighlight.

2023-11-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules