Anyone experience any drifting with the new update?
799 6 2020-8-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I updated to the latest app and noticed my drone drifted a bit when I was up in the air around 50m up hands off sticks. Freaked me out a bit as it hasn’t ever happened before. I flew it down, calibrated imu and compass. Took it up again and flying around for awhile I noticed when I stopped it drifted again a little. It’s like the drone is moving without stick input sometimes. Only happened with the new update. Anyone else experienced this? I’m on iPhone XS DJI fly 1.1.6.
2020-8-8
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I updated to the latest app and noticed my drone drifted a bit.
No .. an update to the app is not going to cause your drone to drift.
Perhaps your recorded flight data might help explain it.
It would also help if you can describe what you observed in a little more detail and some idea of where in the flight it occurred.
2020-8-8
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

The drone is controlled by the RC all the time except during QuickShots, you can unplug the MD (iPhone) to verify the app can't make any difference in control.
2020-8-8
Use props
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Labroides Posted at 8-8 02:23
I updated to the latest app and noticed my drone drifted a bit.
No .. an update to the app is not going to cause your drone to drift.
Perhaps your recorded flight data might help explain it.

I basically took off, flew directly up around 50m then stopped and noticed the image moving. Very light wind no wind warnings. I have never experienced it before with my mini. So I took it down and calibrated the imu and compass and flew it back up. A short while later it did it again. It was like a drift, a light yaw and turn. Without stick input in P mode. Very strange. And only after first flight after app update.
2020-8-8
Use props
VanzPix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 229672 ft
France

This is an update of the application not the firmware of the drone, I doubt the problem comes from the application.
2020-8-8
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

22340179 Posted at 8-8 03:46
I basically took off, flew directly up around 50m then stopped and noticed the image moving. Very light wind no wind warnings. I have never experienced it before with my mini. So I took it down and calibrated the imu and compass and flew it back up. A short while later it did it again. It was like a drift, a light yaw and turn. Without stick input in P mode. Very strange. And only after first flight after app update.

It was not your app or the update.
Without flight data, we've reached a dead end.
2020-8-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there 22340179. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try to calibrate 'the remote controller of your DJI Mavic Mini for us to be able to isolate the said issue. For reference I will post a DJI tutorial video on how to calibrate the DJI Mavic remote controller. Thank you.

2020-8-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules