Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Canon R5?
497 5 8-9 19:59
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NikMar
lvl.3
United States

Any idea of when the Ronin S will support the Canon R5?
8-9 19:59
Use props
Stanley James
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

You really think the R5 will record video long enough without overheating to get good footage on a gimbal?

No way would I touch the R5 with a 10' pole right now and definitely not for any production quality video work.
8-12 18:30
Use props
NikMar
lvl.3
United States

Stanley James Posted at 8-12 18:30
You really think the R5 will record video long enough without overheating to get good footage on a gimbal?

No way would I touch the R5 with a 10' pole right now and definitely not for any production quality video work.

Absolutely.  I recorded for over 2 1/2 hours today in 4K HQ externally to the Ninja V with no overheating or even a warning.  The key is to remove the CF Express card (which is the culprit of the overheating) and you can basically record unlimited.  The 4K HQ (downsampled 8k) is better than any 4K mirrorless on the market.

Here's a link to the guy who recorded 4 hours straight in 4K HQ and never had an overheating problem or warning

8-12 18:56
Use props
kevinf
lvl.1
United States

+1 on the support question (not here to debate the heat issue).
9-18 17:21
Use props
sensai_master
lvl.1

Australia

Also chasing support for the R5. Any updates appreciated.
9-21 15:56
Use props
method007
First Officer
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

There is virtually no chance the R5 will be added.  I expect their new Ronin will support it though.  
9-21 17:14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules