Summing it up. Phantom3 = Canker Sore
1593 10 2015-6-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PhantomAtAK
lvl.2

United States

Phantom 3 is like a mouth sore..........      Irritating, but I can't stop playing with it.

With all the issues (I am struggling with stability at take off, drift, altitude leak, and significant lag), I love my Phantom3.

Looking forward to safe flights, and improved connectivity, but I still think it is the coolest toy I have ever had.

Every day is Christmas morning, is there a fix under the tree?  
2015-6-20
Use props
uhayat
lvl.2
Flight distance : 191421 ft
Pakistan

I have never been more excited about an electronic gadget in my 42 years. Mine performs flawlessly, as did my P2.
2015-6-21
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

I agree completely,  I have grounded mine twice in the last month,  I have been accused by moderators of smoking dope and ranting, All I have tried to do is compare my results with others and ask for help, I have seen a lot of unprofessional actions by people involved with this company.

You are describing the problems I am having exactly, that gives me hope that a software fix will take care of this.  Also censoring messages from users has to stop. Are we all adults here or children that needs supervision.

Could you expand on your altitude slipping problems that you are having, do you come back to eye level or lower and still display a high altitude reading, until you shut off motors?  thank you
2015-6-21
Use props
magart2.hotmail
lvl.2
United States

mtnmaddman Posted at 2015-6-21 21:50
I agree completely,  I have grounded mine twice in the last month,  I have been accused by moderator ...

My altitude also does not hold as well. When I let off of the stick it used to hold rock solid, now it will drift down 5-10 feet then hold. It also moves around in a small circle now when hovering. The readings on the pilot app for altitude are way off. I still feel safe flying because it has not done anything drastic yet. I have the P3 professional and Android nexus 7 ll. Best of luck guys and girls, hopefully we will see a fix soon, we just have to be patient.
2015-6-21
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

OMG OMG OMG ! that is what i have to say, i drool every time i start the phantom up and see my control center on the iPad, never been so freaking happy when i was flying my F550 which was OK but not GREAT as the phantom, lighter more capable, solid in wind gusts and killer footage that makes me feel like a film director, i know there is so many wrong things going with it and so many things need to be fixed but at the same time as the OP said i can't stop flying it, started leaking altitude as in landed would show -3.3 feet, gimbal horizon tilting 0.5 degrees, fixed that by calibrating IMU on perfect level surface and then calibrating gimbal but it seems it creeps up again after looking down then up and you have to look down and then up again for it to center.

In my opinion DJI came a long way since the NAZA v1 and F350, now they are so good that they made a baby inspire 1 for US poor people LOL, and i am sure they going to come up with a good balance for firmware and APP very soon, they just rushed the birth of the baby thats all and it needs an incubation period on the account of us baby daddies LOL

I look at the 3DR solo and see its footage and it reminds me of my old parrot AR Drone what a piece of junk IMHO.
2015-6-21
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

magart2.hotmail Posted at 2015-6-21 22:53
My altitude also does not hold as well. When I let off of the stick it used to hold rock solid, no ...

The oscillating is weird you might want to recalibrate everything, imu, remote, compass ect.  I had to do a cold imu cal. (take battery out cool down P3 in some manor) and then run the imu calibration again  turn on and off your vps  and then leave it off until we see if they get this fixed.
2015-6-21
Use props
dmwierz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61427 ft
United States

"It also moves around in a small circle now when hovering. "

That sounds like "Toilet Bowling" which is a compass calibration issue:

2015-6-21
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

dmwierz Posted at 2015-6-21 23:52
"It also moves around in a small circle now when hovering. "

That sounds like "Toilet Bowling" whic ...

Hi dmwierz
Do you think he needs to recalibrate everything imu ect.  I have also noticed some have upgraded, and yet when checked there version they really didnt upgrade.
2015-6-21
Use props
dmwierz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61427 ft
United States

I'm a belt and suspenders kinda guy. I recalibrate everything whenever I change firmware, the same way I do a complete backup of my Mac before I update the system software.
2015-6-21
Use props
magart2.hotmail
lvl.2
United States

mtnmaddman Posted at 2015-6-21 23:51
The oscillating is weird you might want to recalibrate everything, imu, remote, compass ect.  I ha ...

Recalibrated everything twice. It is still very controllable just a bit of an annoyance until they get it fixed. Thanks for the suggestions though. I do have one question, when calibrating the rc how do you know when it is calibrated? When I calibrate there is no message that tells me that it is calibrated.
2015-6-21
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

mtnmaddman Posted at 2015-6-22 00:44
Hi dmwierz
Do you think he needs to recalibrate everything imu ect.  I have also noticed some have ...

Exactly that's what I see on here with the new threads saying I crashed and I want a replacement NOW ! They thought they upgraded the phantom and remote where they only upgraded one without the other and then hell breaks loose.
2015-6-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules