Clone mavic mini
6261 11 2020-8-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
VanzPix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 229672 ft
France

Seen on YouTube (video in French), the clone of the Mavic mini, $80 maximum to the function waypoints, follow me and even a zoom, certainly it is not at all the same flight quality of a mavic mini but I tell myself that if a small clone is able I really do not understand why dji does not do it while technology level they are well above everyone. The angry with your fucked-up arguments I see you arriving at a thousand places so avoid your usual banter.
The poor owners of the MM we understood that we should move to mavic air 2 minimum to take advantage of these features.
2020-8-12
Use props
VanzPix
Second Officer
France

2020-8-12
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

Nice little funny drone... looks sweet.

Nothing to compare the Mini against but Eachine has managed to produce a good copycat of the Mini... and also nicely flying as well. When you get clones like this you know you've invested in the right product, the one that others need to imitate.

Of course you should care not very much about the camera part (but at least you can orient it) or the far better transmission and video feedback of the Mini... but all things concerned, if you have a son that's willing to begin with drones, that's certainly a very interesting goodie to begin with.

But even for a certain public it might be worth it, for example before buying the Mini (never used a drone before) I was quite concerned about flying, or even the noise it might have made or the fact that it couldn't have been inconspicuous.... which happened not to be the case, but I've thought about getting a far lesser drone to see what a drone might have looked like. In hindsight I can say I wasn't wrong with the Mini.... but I could have tested that for real with cheap drone like the EACHINE, something fun that I could later on donate without feeling I've wasted money.

But anyways...I can still think of many more uses if you consider I also use my Mini to do (my own) roofing inspections, something that my Mini is totally wasted for (although the extra detail and stability are more than welcome).
2020-8-12
Use props
VanzPix
Second Officer
France

m80116 Posted at 8-12 04:35
Nice little funny drone... looks sweet.

Nothing to compare the Mini against but Eachine has managed to produce a good copycat of the Mini... and also nicely flying as well. When you get clones like this you know you've invested in the right product, the one that others need to imitate.
The MM is a very good drone far ahead of this clone but I was just wondering that drones for less than $80 on functions like the follow me waypoints etc with minimal technology while the mini mavic that is $400 and it not if a Mavic clone is capable I think the DJI MM must be able to do it is better. It's still a shame for dji to have this outtaking on these points by very low-end drones
And those who want to test a clone before buying the mavic mini may also be disappointed to see that a drone has $400 does not have the modes of an Eachine has $80 lol
2020-8-12
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

The problem is you are comparing Drone to Drone, the Mini is less a drone and more a flying camera with drone features. The others are flying drones with a camera, until the camera tech catches up to DJI/GO PRO/Sony all these clones with EVERY FEATURE are useless.

Looking at DIY a mini is possible, DJI is using a sensor from modern smart phones. You can modify most cell phone cameras to 4 wire usb, the problem is you need to Write a driver to control the camera but it is possible and people are doing it just not on a mass manufactured scale like DJI. You could build something better then DJI for less but having done the Hobby for a while I'd sooner just wait and buy something that works then spending the time to craft it from scratch.

A good example is how unstable the Eachine was, unlike the mini which has had the time spent to tune it's flight to be rock stable unlike it's competitors rushing to throw every feature at it while not actually spending any time on the flying performance, stability, etc. If you are willing to settle for a less then satisfactory flying characteristics you will soon be able to buy a mini clone with every feature the Air2 and above has, it's just going to take however much longer for the Cheap Camera market to catch up.
2020-8-12
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
United States

Last gen China fo pro's

Go Pro through the years:

The best 4k fo pro vs Go Pro

Mavic mini vs S9+ vs Hero 6

You can see the cheap camera quaility is catching up to go pro, but from the color science, bitrate, encoding, DJI is way closer to GO PRO then the rest. When you view the Mavic Mini in this reguard you are spending half the drone's value in it's camera alone. This is why when you compare it so the Eachine, or Fimi x8, all great drones but the cameras are just extra weight until they can shoot/perform like DJI's/GO Pro's.

2020-8-12
Use props
VanzPix
Second Officer
France

ABeardedItalian Posted at 8-12 06:43
The problem is you are comparing Drone to Drone, the Mini is less a drone and more a flying camera with drone features. The others are flying drones with a camera, until the camera tech catches up to DJI/GO PRO/Sony all these clones with EVERY FEATURE are useless.

Looking at DIY a mini is possible, DJI is using a sensor from modern smart phones. You can modify most cell phone cameras to 4 wire usb, the problem is you need to Write a driver to control the camera but it is possible and people are doing it just not on a mass manufactured scale like DJI. You could build something better then DJI for less but having done the Hobby for a while I'd sooner just wait and buy something that works then spending the time to craft it from scratch.

I agree with you on these points I do not criticize the Mavic mini which is a very good drone in its category see the best. Certainly I compare but it's mostly on nice little modes, I'm aware that a Eachine will never be a DJI MM, but I think that precisely for a flying camera some intelligent flight mode would not be negligible and precisely DJI does not precite and that's the problem not bcp of novelties since its releas.
I'm new to the drone business but I've been through the dji forum and other forums on the web to find that the Mavic mini is being sidelined at dji. And I feel like they won't do much on it anymore...
Keep in mind that $400 and $500 for many of us is a big amount of money. And that dji and the Ferrari of the drone from where our choice and that we expected a better follow-up and that little by little the owners.
But maybe I'm wrong.
2020-8-12
Use props
VanzPix
Second Officer
France

ABeardedItalian Posted at 8-12 07:29
Last gen China fo pro's
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rV52dGhTCvQ

Thanks for the videos I'll go watch this
2020-8-12
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
United States

VanzPix Posted at 8-12 07:32
I agree with you on these points I do not criticize the Mavic mini which is a very good drone in its category see the best. Certainly I compare but it's mostly on nice little modes, I'm aware that a Eachine will never be a DJI MM, but I think that precisely for a flying camera some intelligent flight mode would not be negligible and precisely DJI does not precite and that's the problem not bcp of novelties since its releas.
I'm new to the drone business but I've been through the dji forum and other forums on the web to find that the Mavic mini is being sidelined at dji. And I feel like they won't do much on it anymore...
Keep in mind that $400 and $500 for many of us is a big amount of money. And that dji and the Ferrari of the drone from where our choice and that we expected a better follow-up and that little by little the owners.

See my other reply, when the drone costs $400 and the camera is $200, you are no longer buying a $400 capable drone. As the marketing Goes "The every day Fly CAM" not drone, not portable everywhere drone, the marketing has always been It's Camera.
2020-8-12
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

DJI is on a diffrent league... it's obvious they're going to offer less of a feature set.

DJI in my book has also replaced GoPro... which is an outraging company I don't wanna deal with, not because of my experience but for the cumulative global experience that has created for the end user.

But anyway... today the competition in the action camera field is fierce and unless you really need top notch of almost everything I believe competitors offer a better value for your money, unlike drones where... well, on the lower end there's the Eachine, but that can't really be upheld as a DJI competitor. DJI is facing more competition in the upper prosumer level where pro and orgs blend in, i.e. the Mavic 2 Pro (which will be next in line for a due update I guess).
2020-8-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for creating this informative post and sharing your personal insights regarding this matter. This will be a great read for our valued DJI co pilots who owns a DJI Mavic Mini. Thank you for your valued support.
2020-8-13
Use props
VanzPix
Second Officer
France

Dirty Bird Posted at 8-12 08:17
Tried to watch the video but with no English subtitles it's pointless for me.   Also,  I'm not sure why the guy spent 53 minutes reviewing a product that deserved 10-15 minutes tops?

DJI not included, the blatant piracy by Chinese companies is astounding.  Right down to the color & battery design,  it's like the company scanned a Mini & filled the shell with inferior components.

Hi
as I said I compare not to the mavic mini, just for intelligent modes that in a small drone has $80 we find them while in a Mavic mini no, here's my question if a low-end firmware is capable with these limits of course why not a drone has $400 that has a much more advanced technology. I repeat I'm happy with my mini and I know it has no competitors in its category
2020-8-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules