Camera Feed Not Working in App
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Colbyashi
lvl.1
United States

My Phantom 3 Pro stopped working recently and I'm at my wits end. Everything was working fine a few months ago when I took it out, but now I cannot get the camera feed to show up in the app. I've tried downgrading / upgrading the firmware, but nothing has really changed. I've provided screenshots of the issues in the app. The first shows the back lights blink green, and the front two are a solid red. The camera light also blinks green. The second and third screenshots show the app when I first connect to the camera. It rapidly switches between screenshot 2 and 3 constantly giving me a poor/weak radio signal warning for brief moments multiple times a second. The last screenshot is what my camera feed looks like. PLEASE I need to get it working again and I don't know what's wrong. I'd appreciate any help.

diagram of lights in case that's helpful

diagram of lights in case that's helpful

blinks between poor signal strength and this screen where those two lines are not present

blinks between poor signal strength and this screen where those two lines are not present

poor signal strength constantly flashing on and off

poor signal strength constantly flashing on and off

Camera feed + map are blank

Camera feed + map are blank
2020-8-12
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

if before it worked on your mobile device,  I would try a clean install of Dji go app
2020-8-13
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

Welcome Colbyashi    try switch between video and photo in the app .. if not, try reinstall the app
2020-8-13
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

Front lights solid Red , you have the option to disable this Front Red lights , mine is turned off
2020-8-13
Use props
Colbyashi
lvl.1
United States

Thanks for the reply. I did a clean install of the app with no improvement. I also tried installing the DJI GO app on a different device and had the same results, sadly. I also can't switch between photo and video mode on the, app because all those buttons are grayed-out. I posted a picture of the lights thinking they might mean something? I don't remember what the different combinations of green / yellow / red lights under the props mean. I guess if the configuration in my attached picture is normal then ignore that.

At this point I'm thinking it's an issue with the onboard camera system and not the app or RC. The only major thing that happened between the time when it worked and when it didn't, as far as I can remember, is I did a firmware upgrade.  As I mentioned earlier, swapping firmware versions doesn't seem to make a difference. I've actually had a handful of issues just related to attempting those upgrades / downgrades today, but those are not particularly relevant here.

I'm thinking, short of taking my bird to a shop to get it diagnosed, I'm outta options. Any other ideas would be much appreciated, though.
2020-8-13
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

i would send the Device for a Complete Check
2020-8-13
Use props
cheddar-man
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44062 ft

United Kingdom

Your comment "The only major thing that happened between the time when it worked and when it didn't, as far as I can remember, is I did a firmware upgrade"
That is probably your problem. I have learnt that unless absolutely necessary, NEVER do a frimware update, it leads to more problems than it fixes! Having said that, what firmware have you installed on the AC, RC and App vertsion?

Per the previous thread, this is what the lights mean.............

2020-8-13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. May I know was the drone updated using the firmware from this link? If the update failed multiple times using the firmware from the official website. Kindly please contact our DJI support team to further diagnose the issue and a proper resolution will be provided. Please note that repair cost will depend on the warranty period of the said drone; otherwise, valid charges will apply. Thank you.
2020-8-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules