Hey guys, I just got back my 2 Mavic Mini from DJI Refresh
1110 20 2020-8-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
meejaycoran
lvl.2
Flight distance : 290295 ft
United States

So, I have two drones and two controllers but just one cell phone which is okay.  However,  when ever I am trying to connect the new drone to it's controller and the DJI Fly app it's not connecting even when hold both bottems and it will recongize it.  My question is if you are on the mobile on DJI do I need to have to profiles for it work correctly?  I have re downloaded the app a couple times.  However, when I try to connect through the threee dots and hit connect controller it wont even do that; it willl just connec when you hold the controller and the power button on the drone but still doesnt really connnect.   
Do I have to sign out of my profile and create a new profile for the other drone in the app settings?   Any suggestions are welcome and thank you!

I did not have this problem when I got the one i've been flying back from DJI, it was quick connect and up and going.  

2020-8-12
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Have you tried the method of linking the  AC to the RC without using DJI Fly that is "linking by physical buttons"
It's 1.23minutes into the video

linking does not require you to have a seperate DJI account
2020-8-12
Use props
meejaycoran
lvl.2
United States

lannes Posted at 8-12 16:58
Have you tried the method of linking the  AC to the RC without using DJI Fly that is "linking by physical buttons"
It's 1.23minutes into the video

Yep...that is the video I have used to connect all of the drones.   However, I am not sure if its something to do with the controller..   what I was attempting to do was connect the drone to the controller it went with..

However, the controller I have been flying with, I was able to connect it with that one and make sure we are good.

I guess the question is.. Do I have an extra controller now? lol I am trying to keep it as a back up drone...

Thanks for that video...literally, the one i have to watch everytime I have to connect lol
2020-8-12
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

meejaycoran Posted at 8-12 17:11
Yep...that is the video I have used to connect all of the drones.   However, I am not sure if its something to do with the controller..   what I was attempting to do was connect the drone to the controller it went with..

However, the controller I have been flying with, I was able to connect it with that one and make sure we are good.

So, you have successful connected one of your controllers to both aircraft ?

and the other controller fails to connect with any aircraft ?
2020-8-12
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I also have two Minis and two Mini controllers. I have had no problems linking either controller to either Mini. Sometimes I forget which ones were linked last and it is just quicker to link the ones in my hands ;-)
2020-8-12
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

lannes Posted at 8-12 17:47
So, you have successful connected one of your controllers to both aircraft ?

By the way, you can't link one controller to more than 1 drone (both) at the same time, just in case that is what you meant.
Too bad, that would make for interesting dual aerobatics ;-)
2020-8-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there meejaycoran. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please tr to re-link your DJI Mavic Mini to its remote controller. Please follow the DJI tutorial video posted on post #2 by lannes. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-8-12
Use props
meejaycoran
lvl.2
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-12 22:15
Hello there meejaycoran. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please tr to re-link your DJI Mavic Mini to its remote controller. Please follow the DJI tutorial video posted on post #2 by lannes. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

Okay; I will try it again.   Here this morning..  Ill try to reconnect to its original controller...When I had both buttons hit and see if it will connect.
2020-8-13
Use props
meejaycoran
lvl.2
United States

lannes Posted at 8-12 17:47
So, you have successful connected one of your controllers to both aircraft ?

That is correct...  The controller I have been using to fly  drone 1 was connected to drone 2, but drone 2 would not connect back to its original controller.. its very weird..

I did know if I had to do something with the profile...its like the 5th drone I've had so i dont know?
2020-8-13
Use props
meejaycoran
lvl.2
United States

meejaycoran Posted at 8-13 04:40
That is correct...  The controller I have been using to fly  drone 1 was connected to drone 2, but drone 2 would not connect back to its original controller.. its very weird..

I did know if I had to do something with the profile...its like the 5th drone I've had so i dont know?

So, I just attempted to connect the. controller again.  I go through manuel binding process.. Holding the button on the controller and then button on the drone....it binds, but it just wont connect to the DJI Fly app, because it does the searching and stops because they controller finds it but nothing..

Then I do it with my other controller that flies the other Mavic mini and it connects fine.  
2020-8-13
Use props
meejaycoran
lvl.2
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 8-12 19:27
I also have two Minis and two Mini controllers. I have had no problems linking either controller to either Mini. Sometimes I forget which ones were linked last and it is just quicker to link the ones in my hands ;-)

Yeah, they were both worked at one time;  This is a new one from DJI refresh Kit..The good news is at least one controller will fly it, but again, what if someone else whats to fly and download the app ya know...I like to stay organized and keep everything together is really important for me.   That's why I am trying to keep each controller that came with that drone or replacement drone with the same one...

This is the only time it wont connect and show on the DJI FLy app...I will start the binding process but holding both buttons to get searching and then you hear it connect but nothing shows up on the app..kinda strange...but with the other controller, I did the same thing and it connected.
2020-8-13
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

meejaycoran Posted at 8-13 07:12
Yeah, they were both worked at one time;  This is a new one from DJI refresh Kit..The good news is at least one controller will fly it, but again, what if someone else whats to fly and download the app ya know...I like to stay organized and keep everything together is really important for me.   That's why I am trying to keep each controller that came with that drone or replacement drone with the same one...

This is the only time it wont connect and show on the DJI FLy app...I will start the binding process but holding both buttons to get searching and then you hear it connect but nothing shows up on the app..kinda strange...but with the other controller, I did the same thing and it connected.

If the controller connects to the aircraft but there is no video feed in DJI Fly, it could be the cable your using
2020-8-13
Use props
meejaycoran
lvl.2
United States

lannes Posted at 8-13 07:32
If the controller connects to the aircraft but there is no video feed in DJI Fly, it could be the cable your using

That is the only thing I have not changed out I dont think...but  I can hear make the connection to the battery on my iphone..but ..., its worth a shot...let me try real quick...hold on...

That was the issue!  I swapped it to the other cable it came on...then swapped to the other and it didnt see...then did the same with other drone and boom!  lol

Now the qeustion is does Best Buy carry the DJI iphone connector cords to the phone?  That's crazy it was the cable, bc it came on and then didnt come on...  Great idea!!!!!!
2020-8-13
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

meejaycoran Posted at 8-13 07:52
That is the only thing I have not changed out I dont think...but  I can hear make the connection to the battery on my iphone..but ..., its worth a shot...let me try real quick...hold on...

Any good data quality usb-c 3.0 cable should work, it doesn't need to be the OEM version

2020-8-13
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

meejaycoran Posted at 8-13 07:52
That is the only thing I have not changed out I dont think...but  I can hear make the connection to the battery on my iphone..but ..., its worth a shot...let me try real quick...hold on...

Glad you figured it out.  As soon as I read that the issue was controller to phone and not controller to drone, my first guess was a cable problem.

I don't know if Best Buy will have the right cable (I doubt they will), but Amazon does.
2020-8-13
Use props
meejaycoran
lvl.2
United States

K6CCC Posted at 8-13 08:59
Glad you figured it out.  As soon as I read that the issue was controller to phone and not controller to drone, my first guess was a cable problem.

I don't know if Best Buy will have the right cable (I doubt they will), but Amazon does.

I was just looking on Amazon for the cable that connects to the iphone but I'm not sure which one it is...Amazon will be faster than DJI;  I ordered through DJI but I'll go ahead and do amazon too if I can find the correct one..
2020-8-13
Use props
meejaycoran
lvl.2
United States

lannes Posted at 8-13 08:54
Any good data quality usb-c 3.0 cable should work, it doesn't need to be the OEM version

Thanks again man!  lol. I cant believe it was the cord because it's barley been used...If you dont mind, what one on amazon would you get to connect to an iphone?  I looked on amazon for the type of cord you said but didint see it for the iphone..
2020-8-13
Use props
meejaycoran
lvl.2
United States

K6CCC Posted at 8-13 08:59

Best Buy def. does NOT lol I tried to go by there on lunch and they said to order from DJI but of course thats what they are going to say.  I've looked on amazon, but not sure exactly which one to get that will go with my Iphone and the drone's controller.  

Feel free to send me a link if you can find one on amazon so I can go ahead and place an order from there too...I did DJI already, but you know that'll take some time coming from where there products come from..

Thanks again, boss!
2020-8-13
Use props
meejaycoran
lvl.2
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 8-13 12:15
Here is a link to a quality braided cable for an iPhone from Amazon.  Available in stock 3.66" &  8" if you are connecting a tablet.  Has the OEM style DJI connectors.  These are also available in Micro-USB, reverse Micro-USB, & USB-C configurations.  $6.99.  Cheap enough to order two so you have a spare on hand.

Sweet!  That's what I'm looking for and can be here by Friday.. Great find...def. gonnna grab two just in case bc now you never know lol
2020-8-13
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you are mounting the phone in the controller's swing out arms then what about ebay and a 2nd hand or new standard DJI cable?
There's enough lost or wrecked drones out there for there to be penty of  'spare' cables knocking about.
Or, as an alternative, a micro USB male to full sized USB female cable and a normal usb to iphone data/charging cable? That way you can leave the micro USB male permanently plugged into the controller and just use USB  male to male cable to connect that to a charger (I HATE making and breaking that micro USB connection on the side of the controller)
2020-8-13
Use props
meejaycoran
lvl.2
United States

Sean-newbie Posted at 8-13 13:13
If you are mounting the phone in the controller's swing out arms then what about ebay and a 2nd hand or new standard DJI cable?
There's enough lost or wrecked drones out there for there to be penty of  'spare' cables knocking about.
Or, as an alternative, a micro USB male to full sized USB female cable and a normal usb to iphone data/charging cable? That way you can leave the micro USB male permanently plugged into the controller and just use USB  male to male cable to connect that to a charger (I HATE making and breaking that micro USB connection on the side of the controller)

Right on; I ordered two off Amazon and one from DJI so hopefully I shall be up and flying for a good bit longer lol
2020-8-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules