Firmware update and now problems
1157 5 2020-8-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_PEAF8TdkxeAs
lvl.2
Flight distance : 219081 ft
United States

Thank you for any help. A week ago, downloaded the 1.1.6 software for my Samsung S8+ and Apple iPad5 mini. The Air 2 flew fine with either mobile. Today, I downloaded the new firmware v01.00.0340 via wifi and my Samsung S8+. It loaded with no problems. It also had me update all three batteries. Using the iPad 5 mini, I went for the first flight and run the battery to 40%. All was well. Landed, turned off the drone, controller, and fly app. I changes batteries, turned on the controller, fly app, and drone. It said ready for take off but had no camera view on the screen. A warning came up saying, "incompatable gimbal data", contact dji support. My sd card and internal memory advises 0mg. I only had three pictures on the sd card. Formatting does nothing. The settings for pitch speed and smoothness list "n/a" for all modes. When I tried to adjust, all I get is a 0 (zero). I tried another controller to iPad cable and nothing. Tried the other battery and still no good. Turned everything off and then I tried the Samsung S8+. Still the same. The drone is only a month old. It seems like the drone doesn't like the new firmware because it flew perfectly before. Any ideas on what I can do or does it go back for warranty.

2020-8-12
Use props
Northwood
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

My suggestions would be to uninstall and reinstall the Fly App on both.  And make sure you reboot your mobile devices in between.  Then try again and let us know how it goes.
2020-8-12
Use props
MisterFrag
Second Officer
Flight distance : 603143 ft
United States

And if that doesn’t work, try using DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic to re-flash the MA2 with the same firmware version.
2020-8-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try to reboot your DJI Mavic Air 2 and kindly please try to calibrate the said DJI drones IMU and Gimbal. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-8-12
Use props
djiuser_PEAF8TdkxeAs
lvl.2
United States

I refreshed the firmware, v01.00.0340, with DJI assistant 2, version 2.0.14, via a window's computer, for the controller, drone and 3 batteries. I calibrated the IMU and Gimbal. The same problem is intermittent. One time no camera view, 0mg showing on the sd card and internal storage, and the pitch and yaw speed and smoothness will show n/a. Turn everything off, switch the battery and it may all be normal again. With the same battery, turn everything off and back on and then no camera view again with the other problems as above. Is there something else I can try? Go back to the previous firmware version that worked well with software 1.1.6? Or contact DJI support for a warranty repair. It has just about 5 hours of flying time and never touched anything but air, my hands or landing pad. Thank you for any further help.
2020-8-13
Use props
Vic in PA
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_PEAF8TdkxeAs Posted at 8-13 08:58
I refreshed the firmware, v01.00.0340, with DJI assistant 2, version 2.0.14, via a window's computer, for the controller, drone and 3 batteries. I calibrated the IMU and Gimbal. The same problem is intermittent. One time no camera view, 0mg showing on the sd card and internal storage, and the pitch and yaw speed and smoothness will show n/a. Turn everything off, switch the battery and it may all be normal again. With the same battery, turn everything off and back on and then no camera view again with the other problems as above. Is there something else I can try? Go back to the previous firmware version that worked well with software 1.1.6? Or contact DJI support for a warranty repair. It has just about 5 hours of flying time and never touched anything but air, my hands or landing pad. Thank you for any further help.

My Mavic Air 2 went in to California for repair. The computer board had failed. From the East coast, 6 days to California, 5 days for repair including the weekend, and 6 days back. They're definitely working fast at diagnosis and shipping. 3 days from arrival to sending a drone back. The drone was 3 weeks old and updating the firmware had nothing to do with the failure. To my surprise, they sent a brand new drone. Just paired the drone to the controller and checked all the settings and calibrations. I get to fly tomorrow. Thank you to all the people at DJI in Cerritos, CA and also their on line support people.
2020-9-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules