video won't play
3983 6 2020-8-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kdubya
lvl.2
Flight distance : 180722 ft
United States

This has now happened six times. The video won't play forward, it acts like a still shot. But if I scrub forward the scenes change so I know it captured some video. When I load the files into DaVinci Resolve 16 it states that the 'media is offline'. This has happened in Sport and Tripod mode both. I think it happened in Normal mode also. The video was captured as MP4.
2020-8-13
Use props
Cavu Films
First Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

Are you trying to play through your drone (connected to your computer) or did you remove the sd card and plugging that into your computer?
2020-8-13
Use props
kdubya
lvl.2
United States

Cavu Films Posted at 8-13 09:46
Are you trying to play through your drone (connected to your computer) or did you remove the sd card and plugging that into your computer?

I copied them to my SSD and use VLC Media Player to view them on my PC.
2020-8-13
Use props
Cavu Films
First Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

kdubya Posted at 8-13 10:45
I copied them to my SSD and use VLC Media Player to view them on my PC.

Try using the Windows Movie and TV app to see if they play normally.
2020-8-13
Use props
kdubya
lvl.2
United States

Cavu Films Posted at 8-13 10:57
Try using the Windows Movie and TV app to see if they play normally.

They play but stutter real bad. My drone is new and so is my SD card. Many other videos have been successfully shot and played.
2020-8-13
Use props
Hopalong
lvl.1
Flight distance : 314127 ft
United States

kdubya Posted at 8-13 11:30
They play but stutter real bad. My drone is new and so is my SD card. Many other videos have been successfully shot and played.

I was having the same issue. Try looking at the video settings in your drone. I found that mine was set to H.265 for some reason.  When I switched it to H.264 and took new videos I could view them again after downloading to my computer.
2020-9-30
Use props
kdubya
lvl.2
United States

Hopalong Posted at 9-30 19:24
I was having the same issue. Try looking at the video settings in your drone. I found that mine was set to H.265 for some reason.  When I switched it to H.264 and took new videos I could view them again after downloading to my computer.

I think that was the problem. I read somewhere that H.265 was the new and upcoming compression and I temporarily switched to it.
Thank you for your response.
2020-10-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules