445 1 2020-8-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pal57
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4236 ft
United Kingdom

Hi,

I'm trying to shoot a motionlapse shoot with the Ronin S and my Canon 5d IV using the cable connected and the iOS app.

After setting it up and starting the process it seems to go fine at the start. However, about the their of the way the camera stops taking shots but the gimbale is sitll going throught the move as plotted out. The screen of the camera says busy and isn't taking any more photos.

I've done a few things to try to resolve this, I've changed to a lower quality JPG shots (thinking it could be a bufferring issue), but no, it stops in the same place each time.
I've done it with no move from the gimbal at all.
I've  also done the timelapse manually with the camera's function and that seems to work, but it's not ideal, as the gimbal does its move during a exposures which is far from ideal. No matter how careful I try to syncronise the start.

Any advice? Any settings I could change or is this a known issue?

Many thanks

P
2020-8-13
Use props
pal57
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4236 ft
United Kingdom

I have managed to find a solution to this.
The 5D IV;s cimmunication settings were on. Usually to transfer files when tethered to a computuer usually. Becuase the USB is connected, it thinks that it's connected to a computer and wantes to transfer files so It's holding lots of photos in its cache and can only store a certain amount in memory.

So if you go to MENU > Spanner > 4> Communication Settings
FTP Transfer Settings
and set Automatic Transfer to - DISABLE

It worked for me. I hope it works for you too!

P
2020-8-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules