ESC Error: grounded after update
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
robbiereider
lvl.1
Flight distance : 276906 ft
United States

Hey Phantom community, I'm reaching out to see if anyone has any experience with ESC errors, specifically after the latest update for the P3P. I've been grounded after losing control and nearly crashing. Thankfully I was ablet to bring it in safely without damage but since then I've been unable to fly. When I bring the sticks into "takeoff" position I get the error in this picture. I'm also including the video of the P3P losing control. Any info would be helpful. Thanks! Video can be seen here:
2015-6-21
Use props
fansbe50d001
New
Flight distance : 446519 ft
Puerto Rico

Javier Jara Posted at 2015-6-22 11:22
Happens to me the same thing, I have less than a week with my Phantom 3 Professional and lower after the last update that asked me "Phantom 3 Professional v1.2.6 Firmware", which flew once and I mark Esc status error is in green to fly, but the engines do not light when under the control levers. I'm deseperado.

Calibrate the Drone, Compass and IMU

You're screwed
2017-3-16
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

See how it says to contact dji? I would start there
2015-7-6
Use props
ian.mcleanspruc
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Mark97564 Posted at 2015-6-23 14:41
It's telling you what to do so why are you asking for forum help? You have a problem with your esc,  ...

You are quite correct mark. I had assumed that the P3 would have had a similar layout to the P2 with separate ESC's which could have been replaced if faulty. However, after checking, it is evident that any P3 problems whatsoever other than simple faulty wire connections or corrupted FW require a complete board change.
2015-7-6
Use props
robbiereider
lvl.1
United States

Javier Jara Posted at 2015-6-23 03:22
Happens to me the same thing, I have less than a week with my Phantom 3 Professional and lower afte ...

Javier, I talked with DJI support yesterday about the ESC Error. They said the unit would need to be sent back to California for repair. They didn't seem surprised that I had an error immediately following the firmware update which leads me to believe they know what's going on. They didn't know when the next update would be coming out OR if that update could resolve the ESC Error issue. My suggestion would be to send it back to them (with an RMA) and wait the 6+ weeks. Bad news for those of us with problems after the update. Good luck.
2015-6-26
Use props
robbiereider
lvl.1
United States

Mark97564 Posted at 2015-6-23 14:41
It's telling you what to do so why are you asking for forum help? You have a problem with your esc,  ...

Thanks Mark.  You're a gem.

But seriously, I was just looking for some insight from more advanced users than myself before shipping it off for 6-8 weeks. Thanks to @ian.mcleanspruc for sharing some helpful information in the spirit of good forum form.
2015-6-24
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

It's telling you what to do so why are you asking for forum help? You have a problem with your esc, so the entire board needs to be replaced
2015-6-22
Use props
ian.mcleanspruc
lvl.1

United Kingdom

The Electronic Speed Control error that has flagged up may be a coincidence with the firmware update. It depends on how  much you wish to 'interfere' with the quad but you may just check the wiring connections to each of the four controllers. It could conceivably also be an ESC software failure (unlikely). A third possibility is that one or all of the ESC's (which are programmed individually before assembly into the quad) may have been corrupted by the firmware update. It is not difficult to check and correct any of the above, just depends on how much you want to dig in and maybe negate your warranty. Best Wishes.
2015-6-22
Use props
robbiereider
lvl.1
United States

Javier Jara Posted at 2015-6-23 03:22
Happens to me the same thing, I have less than a week with my Phantom 3 Professional and lower afte ...

FWIW I haven't found any new information. I'll post if/whenI hear back from DJI.
ESC Error.jpg
2015-6-22
Use props
Javier Jara
New

Mexico

Happens to me the same thing, I have less than a week with my Phantom 3 Professional and lower after the last update that asked me "Phantom 3 Professional v1.2.6 Firmware", which flew once and I mark Esc status error is in green to fly, but the engines do not light when under the control levers. I'm deseperado.

Calibrate the Drone, Compass and IMU
Calibrate a remote control
Turn it off and I turned on several times.
I went back to load the Google Play App
Repeatedly change the batteries

Well you brought me crazy, because I need it for my work.

I await your help, thanks.

Javier
2015-6-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules