Help Phantom 3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
itsakirkbeat
lvl.2

United States

I received a new P3.  I already have one.  I upgraded to the newest firmware.  Both controller and P3.  I flew it once and checked everything and worked.  Next day I went for a paid shoot and all is bad.  The P3 keeps losing signal.  Seems as if the it keeps resetting and there is a weak gps signal (less satellites).  Also the video functions will not work.  It wont start recording.  The app keeps switching from camera to video.  Sometimes I cant start it and it works but it's like one in a hundred times.  Seems as if something is loose?  Anybody experience this?  Im calling B&H tomorrow and sending it back for an exchange.  My other P3 didnt do this  
2015-6-21
Use props
Michael M
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

Sorry i dont have a solution to your problem but I have ome question. How do you start making money with a p3? Do you really need a licence or can you just start advertising yourself? I live in canada.
thanks!
2015-6-21
Use props
AirPic
lvl.2

Lithuania

Try to turn off wifi, phone Internet or just turn phone on airplane mode
2015-6-21
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

AirPic Posted at 2015-6-22 00:12
Try to turn off wifi, phone Internet or just turn phone on airplane mode

Also be certain that the software upgrade actually took read tahoe eds procedure to upgrade
2015-6-21
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

Turn off VPS if you don't need it (are flying indoors).

Is the paid shoot in a busy (urban) area?

Try the basics - another SD card, format SD card, rebind Remote with bird, etc.
Try it in an open place again....

In general if you have a working bird...don't upgrade all the FW and Software when new packages come out. I only do that when I am experimenting and want to see what happens.
2015-6-21
Use props
kallio
lvl.1

Sweden

I don't know if it's the same problem, but mine behaved pretty strange, with most of the buttons not working (like camera, video, gimball...). Someone said that if things are not started in the right order, strange s... like that can happen... So, now I always start first the RC, then the quad, and after that I connect the phone and start the app. In that order. (I used to have the phone connected and the app running when starting the quad) I have had no problems with video not starting buttons not responding etc. after that.
(maybe this is rookie stuff, but it helped me... and yes, I'm a rookie. )
2015-6-21
Use props
sinbad_uk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 117343 ft
United Kingdom

You should always switch on the RC before the phantom
2015-6-21
Use props
myhondas
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12100 ft
United States

I am running a P3p on Android and I always start the RC first which automatically turns on my tab 4 and then I fire up the aircraft at which point I turn on the app and go through the normal startup. I also calibrate the compass prior to flying.  I decided not to update the FW or the pilot app. If it ain't broke. ...don't fix it.
2015-6-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules