New purchase - items missing
939 13 2020-8-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansd1cc70da
lvl.1

United States

Just received a new Mavic Air 2 (held up in customs for a few days but eventually released) and had gotten in the new Mini a few days earlier - the Mavic Air 2 package was missing the cable that charges the transmitter/remote from the AC adapter (as part of the Fly More pkg) - the other cables also missing except for the Lightning which was already installed in the remote and as am using iphone that's fine - really don't need anything except the transmittel/remote charging cable

Emailed DJI, got a response that wants me to take a picture of everything that was received, etc (just to show that the needed cable is NOT there?? - so now have a new $1000+ desk ornament which I had hoped to fly this weekend - lousy PR for a part that's probably a few dollars - trying to source eslewhere now as if DJI takes this kind of pig-headed approach I'd just as soon not deal with them and will consider other vendors in the future - guess I can at least fly the Mini as that's complete but the Air 2 will have to wait - leaves a sour taste to say the least - hope I never have to use the Care Refresh package - was thinking of a Pro 2 as well but will pass on that now and look at Parrot and others with better cust svc reviews
2020-8-14
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

Did you check all the pocket inside and outside of the carrying case?
2020-8-14
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

Yeah...mine was inside the compartment in the lid of the case.
2020-8-14
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

To put things in perspective ...

That's about $10 worth of whinging over a $2 USB cable you could buy anywhere (if you don't already have a few lying around).
2020-8-14
Use props
Traxx119
lvl.4
Canada

I would check the little pocket in the lid, that's also where i found mine. Hope you find it or can buy one so you can fly this weekend.
2020-8-14
Use props
fansd1cc70da
lvl.1

United States

Wiz33 Posted at 8-14 17:30
Did you check all the pocket inside and outside of the carrying case?

Thanks - Yes, saved all the packaging etc and went back thru multiple times  - WISH it had been there and wasn't even aware of the other missing cables until I checked the Fly More "manual" and saw that a few other cables were supposed to be there as well (but weren't) - there's a zipper pouch in the top of the case which would be a logical place but nothing there except for the camera filters. extra remote joystick knobs, and the single battery charger - already heard back from one retailer who has cable and is close by so can get it there in a couple of days
2020-8-14
Use props
fansd1cc70da
lvl.1

United States

Rustic17 Posted at 8-14 17:37
Yeah...mine was inside the compartment in the lid of the case.

Yes, found stuff there (filters, extra joystick knobs, single charger) but no cables
2020-8-14
Use props
fansd1cc70da
lvl.1

United States

Labroides Posted at 8-14 17:39
To put things in perspective ...

That's about $10 worth of whinging over a $2 USB cable you could buy anywhere (if you don't already have a few lying around).

Seeing as how we live way out its not an "easy" fix - several hours just to get to a store that "might" have it - what's your time worth?
2020-8-14
Use props
fansd1cc70da
lvl.1

United States

Traxx119 Posted at 8-14 18:31
I would check the little pocket in the lid, that's also where i found mine. Hope you find it or can buy one so you can fly this weekend.

Thanks - checked the zippered pocket and found extra joystick knobs, camera filters, single battery charger but no cables unfortunately - as we live about 2 hours out of town no easy way to get one locally but did source one from a retailer so they're overnighting and should have Sat - don't mind doing that, just want to be able to fly the unit so should be functional by Sat evening
2020-8-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi fansd1cc70da, sorry for the inconvenience caused. As Wiz33 and Rustic17 suggested above, kindly please check all the pocket inside and outside of the carrying case, especially the compartment in the lid of the case. I've managed to get your ticket number via your forum account, if still no lucks, I will forward your situation to the related team to follow up, our team will do the best to help and reply to your email. Looking forward to hearing from you soon.
2020-8-14
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

Make sure you check the box, packing, and open up any dead space, hard paper packing that might contain the cable.  It's call a USB to USB-C cable.
2020-8-14
Use props
fansd1cc70da
lvl.1

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 8-14 19:38
Hi fansd1cc70da, sorry for the inconvenience caused. As Wiz33 and Rustic17 suggested above, kindly please check all the pocket inside and outside of the carrying case, especially the compartment in the lid of the case. I've managed to get your ticket number via your forum account, if still no lucks, I will forward your situation to the related team to follow up, our team will do the best to help and reply to your email. Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Thank you - checked zipper pocket and found camera filters, extra joystick knobs, and single battery charger - but no cords - the apple lightning cord was already installed in the transmitter so OK there and don't need anything else other than the cord to charge the transmitter/remote - I do not use Android etc so Lightning cord which I have is all that is needed except for the charging cord - i have ordered overnight from a retailer and should be here today (Sat)
2020-8-15
Use props
fansd1cc70da
lvl.1

United States

Rustic17 Posted at 8-14 21:11
Make sure you check the box, packing, and open up any dead space, hard paper packing that might contain the cable.  It's call a USB to USB-C cable.

Thank you - yes, always save all the packaging etc so checked thru all that, zipper pouch in lid of case, etc, etc - all there except cables though the lightning cable for the apple was already installed in the transmitter/remote so don't need that and really don't need any of the others except for the charging cable - I ordered one last night for overnight delivery from a retailer so should have late Sat or Sunday at worst so should be able to fly
2020-8-15
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fansd1cc70da Posted at 8-15 05:58
Thank you - checked zipper pocket and found camera filters, extra joystick knobs, and single battery charger - but no cords - the apple lightning cord was already installed in the transmitter so OK there and don't need anything else other than the cord to charge the transmitter/remote - I do not use Android etc so Lightning cord which I have is all that is needed except for the charging cord - i have ordered overnight from a retailer and should be here today (Sat)

Thanks for your reply. I will forward this situation to the related team and keep improving to provide better service to you all. Sorry again for all the inconvenience caused. If there is anything else I can assist you with, please feel free to let me know.
2020-8-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules