file numbering
1748 8 2020-8-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
joelp
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4550213 ft
Philippines

hello. I'd like to know if there is a way to make the file numbering on the MA2 continuous instead of reseting to zero everytime I format the sd card
2020-8-15
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

Don't format the card...i don't see any reason to.  Just delete the files you don't want or move versus copy when you download to a desktop/laptop.  A lot of people add a word document to the card with address/phone info.  If you don't format, the doc is always there.  If you don't format, the file numbering keeps increasing.
2020-8-15
Use props
joelp
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4550213 ft
Philippines

Rustic17 Posted at 8-15 06:40
Don't format the card...i don't see any reason to.  Just delete the files you don't want or move versus copy when you download to a desktop/laptop.  A lot of people add a word document to the card with address/phone info.  If you don't format, the doc is always there.  If you don't format, the file numbering keeps increasing.

Thank you for your response. Seems there is none. Just curious because the Mavic Air had it as on option and the Mavic Mini with the Fly app didn't reset the counter to zero with every format, but the MA2 resets it to zero every time I format the card. I save my photos and videos to multiple devices so I find that formatting is the easiest way to erase everything on a card once it's been copied to my other devices.
2020-8-15
Use props
Pappy3
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2820469 ft
United States

Just rename the files and then you won't have duplicate names. I like to keep the modes separated and in their own date folder in the format YYYYMMDD. and then copy the files to the respective folders and run a renaming program that uses the parent folder name as the prefix to the files. Once setup, it's easy to maintain.
2020-8-15
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Rustic17 Posted at 8-15 06:40

There is a very important reason to format the card, and to do it frequently. DJI write a heap of hidden files to the card that you cannot see, and these files will eventually clog up the card and slow down the write process. The only practical way of removing these files is to format the card.
2020-8-15
Use props
markbolland
lvl.1
Flight distance : 225020 ft
United States

joelp Posted at 8-15 17:34
Thank you for your response. Seems there is none. Just curious because the Mavic Air had it as on option and the Mavic Mini with the Fly app didn't reset the counter to zero with every format, but the MA2 resets it to zero every time I format the card. I save my photos and videos to multiple devices so I find that formatting is the easiest way to erase everything on a card once it's been copied to my other devices.

Good question. Yes, it appears that way. I came here with the same question. Yes or No would be nice with how-to if Yes. IMHO reformatting cards on every new shoot is a good idea.
2020-9-26
Use props
alloffroad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6339409 ft
  • >>>
Australia

this is really a deal breaker for me, formating card is standard procedure to prevent corruption.
every time you use a a program to change file names you run the risk of changin other information like creation date, I realy heavily on creation date for my travel videos so taking a feature away I had in every other DJI Drone I onwed, Spark, mavic Air, PVP, mavic, Mavic Zoom is bad form and makes my work flow so much more difficult.

DJI please implement the option for continous file numbering
2020-11-4
Use props
dajinni
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18573 ft
Australia

This is really important. There need to be more options on general for file banking, on photogrammetry missions it is not uncommon to have a few thousand photos all taken within an hour.

The current naming limitations are unnecessary and dangerous, with multiple files from the same campaign with the same names (i recently had a job with all names multiplied up to 3 times, almost identical colors, tubes, and file sizes.)

I would welcome a extra digit in filenames as an option-in option....
2022-5-21
Use props
inventorArtist
lvl.2
Flight distance : 958717 ft
Canada

I'd be nice if it could just use the same format as my dropbox which is YYYY-MM-DD HH.MM.SS.
2022-5-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules