1064 16 2020-8-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Acupuncture
lvl.1
Flight distance : 42057 ft
United Kingdom

Hey

I have a Mavic mini but i noted a second hand Mavic Pro in my local re-retailer and i wondered if anyone thought it might be worth obtaining as it is at a reasonable price of £500 (which i will negotiate on also)

Subject to me getting the price down to my budget i was wondering what i could expect to note in difference, and benefits, (practical, not just specs) from owning this side by side the mini. Or in other's experience, would i be better off waiting, saving more, and opting for a newer generation model such as the AIR 2 or PRO 2.

Many thanks for any share of experience or balanced opinions
2020-8-15
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mavic Pro is a cool drone - check it over thoroughly though as may be a few years old.
2020-8-16
Use props
Acupuncture
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Ok, thanks for the thoughts.

I am interested if anyone owns both, has owned both, and would like to share experiences of them. I want to work out what i can expect to get from this I couldn’t with the mini if possible as it would be an addition I needn’t make if its simply a wiser move to save further for a new generation update.

Thanks!
2020-8-16
Use props
UKMoose
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3657552 ft
United Kingdom

Hi, I've had my used MP1 for 18 months now and I love it, no problems at all, batteries seem to be getting thin on the ground or over priced, I have 3 aftermarket batteries, for me they are every bit as good as originals. The drone was manufactured May 2018.
2020-8-16
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12242710 ft
  • >>>
United States

I own both as well as the P4P and the newest Mavic Air 2 and my thoughts are my Mavic Pro is getting a bit long in the tooth. I still love it but I find myself flying the Air 2 the most lately and feel sorry for not flying my trustworthy Mavic Pro much. It's much more powerful than the Mini and deals with windy condition buch better and uses Ocusync so you can get much better range with the Mavic Pro but it's still considered a very high quality and reliable drone. Go for it
2020-8-16
Use props
Acupuncture
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi

Thanks for the advice. I think you have clarified things for me, i can see those benefits in the specs and assumed as much. Still nice to confirm the ocusync and range aspects from a user perspective.

I think i will, however, wait and save up for a PRO2 AIR2 or wait for the former’s update, which I would think could launch for next year potentially. For me, i am still very happy just getting to know the MINI and improving my ability as both pilot and in end use for now until i, frankly, have the skills to get the most out of the greater investment...

I would in some ways prefer the OG Mavic to the MINI but i have invested in that for now, and with no other differences but the range and communications i don’t see an angle for an improvement for the moment, not that say wouldn’t warrant the extra saving towards an AIR2 instead at least.

I am most keen to see how they improve the next product to surpass the strides in the AIR2 as, for the money they will expect, it will now certainty need a strong justification against AIR2 abilities i think....

Thanks again
2020-8-16
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Acupuncture Posted at 8-16 03:18
Ok, thanks for the thoughts.

I am interested if anyone owns both, has owned both, and would like to share experiences of them. I want to work out what i can expect to get from this I couldn’t with the mini if possible as it would be an addition I needn’t make if its simply a wiser move to save further for a new generation update.

You're welcome
2020-8-16
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you are thinking of a Mavic 2 Pro wait and see what happens if and when DJI launch the mavic 3. There might be a sudden glut of 2nd hand or clearance M2P/Z s which will probably drive the prices down
2020-8-16
Use props
Acupuncture
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Sean-newbie Posted at 8-16 08:32
If you are thinking of a Mavic 2 Pro wait and see what happens if and when DJI launch the mavic 3. There might be a sudden glut of 2nd hand or clearance M2P/Z s which will probably drive the prices down

Hi

That was my conclusion, that the update there will be the swing point for me ... either the PRO2/AIR2 will have a price drop/suitable update revisions w/ community feedback & improvements

Or

The next gen will prove to be too good to pass upon

Thanks for thoughts
2020-8-16
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yeah but the next generation will cost ?????, and you don't know what kinks will have to be worked out of it or what those kinks will do etc. etc.
2020-8-16
Use props
Acupuncture
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Sean-newbie Posted at 8-16 09:12
Yeah but the next generation will cost ?????, and you don't know what kinks will have to be worked out of it or what those kinks will do etc. etc.

Well i will decide on either/both merits or otherwise when the subject arrives i guess
2020-8-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Acupuncture. Thank you for reaching out and for choosing DJI. I hope that you will get the best information from our DJI co pilots who have both the DJI Mavic Mini and the DJI Mavic Pro and can give out there own insight on both drones. In addition, I will post a link where in you can compare both the DJI Mavic Mini to the DJI Mavic Pro and to other DJI consumer drones as well ( https://www.dji.com/products/com ... ndsite&from=nav ). Thank you and please stay safe always.
2020-8-17
Use props
Acupuncture
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thanks, i think if i could have the OG mavic in place of the MINI, i would. For sure.

But i guess my thread might have been better off titled MINI VS AIR2 or PRO 2 as that’s where i will see bigger differences and what i am trying to do is put my ‘next investment’ in the best place to compete with the MINI that i currently have.

Thanks again for the share but for the purposes of my discussion, for now at least, i think i am happy to stick with my MINI and learn while saving for my next drone, as opposed to rushing to own the MAVIC for an addition to the collection.

2020-8-17
Use props
Acupuncture
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Got it grateful for the info. Thanks
2020-8-17
Use props
Shawnz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 74344 ft

United States

There is no comparison get the pro and get rid of the mini
2020-8-18
Use props
Alevpi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 43560 ft
Russia

I own both drones and the Mavic Mini advantage is only the entire one, if there are no problems with laws restricting the entire drone the Mavic PRO is the best choice!
2020-8-19
Use props
Alevpi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 43560 ft
Russia

Mavic PPRO more than 7 kilometers one way, easy

2020-8-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules