SD Card Failure
451 6 2020-8-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
itchyeyeballs
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Finally got the mini to a perfect location with perfect weather, everything set up and good to go,

Just about to take off and got an SD card error message, tried reinserting without luck. Selecting format results in a format error message which jams the app until I restart it, reformatting in the laptop doesn't solve the problem either.

The SD card still works fine in my laptop and has worked fine in the drone for months, no idea why it's stopped in done now. I tested the card from my Osmo in the mini and it works fine so not a hardware issue there.

Anyone else had anything similar?

From now on I'm going to carry a second spare card as flying windows are too short and rare to risk missing in this part of the world.
2020-8-17
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

Are you using a mSD in the official DJI's compatibility list ?

I tried another (spec wise) suitable card and it was working only for the first file, giving an error almost immediately.
2020-8-17
Use props
itchyeyeballs
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I don't think its in the official compatibility list (its a 32 GB SanDisk Ultra) but it was working fine. Suddenly stopped working although seems fine in my OSMO Action

My son will be happy as the no brand 16GB card from his phone seems to work so he can have the 32 GB one. I'll order some backups and try to find a secure place to stash them in the case.
2020-8-17
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

The SanDisk Ultra cards are (I think) a 10Mb card and are not fast enough.  That's what I started with on day 1 (cause I had a bunch laying around) and had the same issue.
Spares are a good thing in any case...
2020-8-17
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

As K6CCC says above, the Sandisk Ultra series are borderline too slow, try a Sandisk Extreme Pro.
2020-8-17
Use props
itchyeyeballs
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 8-17 15:16
As K6CCC says above, the Sandisk Ultra series are borderline too slow, try a Sandisk Extreme Pro.

Thanks guys, just ordered a SanDisk Extreme, have one in the Osmo that supports 4k 60 so should be fine in the mini.

Just really strange that the mini suddenly decided the ultra was no good and throws errors before I even try to record something then locks the app up if I even try to format it.

My new problem is my laptop HDD is now full, gonna have to find some time to review and delete some footage.
2020-8-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Please try using a different supported SD card to see if the issue will still persist. For reference I will post the list of supported SD card for the DJI Mavic Mini. Thank you.

2020-8-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules