Controller disconnects
773 15 2020-8-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_hUVbhw478Mk3
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi,

I'm new to DJI and drones. First drone and loving it but I seem to have a problem and it's not interference related it seems.

On some days at home and another at the beach no where near houses I get continuous disconnects. It occurs in flight meaning filming is impossible but also happens on the ground whilst downloading from the drone. I've checked the transmission

I've checked the transmission but it just goes blank and channels look clear. Today channels looked busy so I turn off the TV, router, phone WiFi and anything potentially WiFi related.

Interference on the display improved but disconnects still occured. Did a screen grab to show.

On other days at the same location with all WiFi devices on, no issues at all.  Help!!??

2020-8-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. Kindly please try flying the drone in a different location with less interference like radio tower, power cables and metal structures to isolate the issue. In addition I have posted an official DJI video tutorial for the best practices for flying the drone. If issue still persists please contact our DJI support team to further diagnose the cause of the issue. Thank you.

2020-8-21
Use props
fans2c1357f3
lvl.1

Canada

Hi I just wanted to see if others are having a similar problem with the Mavic Mini and getting a lot of disconnects using firmware V01.00.0500 2020-04-21.  I would hover 10 feet away and 10 feet hight and get a disconnect. I would fly overhead at 300 feet and get a disconnect.  I got 2-3 disconnects every flght. I contacted DJI and they suggested refreshing the firmware to the same version V01.00.0500.  I refreshed the remote and drone to the lastest version and still got a lot of disconnects.  DJI has asked me if I want to sent in the drone.  I do not think it is neccessary if the older firmware does not cause disconnects.  I then tried downgrading the drones firmware to V01.00.0400 2019-12-30, so far no disconnects.  Walter
2020-8-27
Use props
fans2c1357f3
lvl.1

Canada

Hi I had a similar issue and this is what DJI sent me.

Niko (DJI Support)

2020年8月19日 GMT+8 下午11:26
Dear Walter,

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.

We understand that you are having concerns with your Mavic Mini. This is certainly not the experience we want for you. Let's work together in addressing this matter for you.

We appreciate you performing relevant troubleshooting steps prior to contacting us. To make sure that we will utilize all possible workarounds in addressing this matter for you, kindly consider the below steps:

1. Please refresh the firmware version using DJI Assistant 2 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGBLAweLpXo&t=12s

Where to download DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic Mini - https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/assistant-dji-2-for-mavic
2020-8-27
Use props
djiuser_hUVbhw478Mk3
lvl.1
United Kingdom

fans2c1357f3 Posted at 8-27 05:54
Hi I just wanted to see if others are having a similar problem with the Mavic Mini and getting a lot of disconnects using firmware V01.00.0500 2020-04-21.  I would hover 10 feet away and 10 feet hight and get a disconnect. I would fly overhead at 300 feet and get a disconnect.  I got 2-3 disconnects every flght. I contacted DJI and they suggested refreshing the firmware to the same version V01.00.0500.  I refreshed the remote and drone to the lastest version and still got a lot of disconnects.  DJI has asked me if I want to sent in the drone.  I do not think it is neccessary if the older firmware does not cause disconnects.  I then tried downgrading the drones firmware to V01.00.0400 2019-12-30, so far no disconnects.  Walter

Very useful thanks. I'll try the latest version but backing out to an old one sounds good if it works.

I've tried loads of locations and it's random if it works or not whether 10ft away or 300ft. Unusable for filming.

Not giving up just yet of course.
2020-8-27
Use props
djiuser_hUVbhw478Mk3
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-21 07:09
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. Kindly please try flying the drone in a different location with less interference like radio tower, power cables and metal structures to isolate the issue. In addition I have posted an official DJI video tutorial for the best practices for flying the drone. If issue still persists please contact our DJI support team to further diagnose the cause of the issue. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7M9JtfVwQE&t=48s

Thank you. Yes I'm trying different locations and different times. I'm not finding anything consistent yet. I would've thought on a beach at least 400ft from nearest property wouldve been safe but no, lots of disconnects.

The fact it disconnects not just poor signal seems odd.

2020-8-27
Use props
fans2c1357f3
lvl.1

Canada

djiuser_hUVbhw478Mk3 Posted at 8-27 06:06
Thank you. Yes I'm trying different locations and different times. I'm not finding anything consistent yet. I would've thought on a beach at least 400ft from nearest property wouldve been safe but no, lots of disconnects.

Hi let me know if reverting to the V01.00.0400 2019-12-30 drone firmware helps get of your disconnects.
It helped me get rid of my disconnects.

Walter
2020-8-28
Use props
djiuser_hUVbhw478Mk3
lvl.1
United Kingdom

fans2c1357f3 Posted at 8-28 04:22
Hi let me know if reverting to the V01.00.0400 2019-12-30 drone firmware helps get of your disconnects.
It helped me get rid of my disconnects.

Will do, trying 500 first ..
2020-8-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_hUVbhw478Mk3 Posted at 8-27 06:06
Thank you. Yes I'm trying different locations and different times. I'm not finding anything consistent yet. I would've thought on a beach at least 400ft from nearest property wouldve been safe but no, lots of disconnects.

You are more than welcome. I do apologize for the trouble, Signal interference come in different forms like power cables, radio towers and metal structure. If you have further concern or inquiry, please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum, we are here to help. Thank you.
2020-8-28
Use props
Chris2theCats
New
Germany

Hi,
I got my MM today and experienced exactly the same issue on Huawei P20 Pro (Android 10).
Short disconnects about every 30 seconds, even when the drone is sitting on the ground 6 feet away from me - tested in multiple locations. Signal is perfect according to app.

After downgrading to V01.00.0400 there are no disconnects whatsoever.

This seems to be an issue with the latest firmware.

Thanks & Regards
Chris
2020-8-29
Use props
djiuser_hUVbhw478Mk3
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I've now tried on many more locations are places where interference should be low still gives drop outs not just bad signal.

I've now backed out to version 400 and not had a drop out yet despite being in the same locations.

This is software DJI.  Please fix and stop making people think it's location issues.

Thanks

2020-9-4
Use props
vortex19
lvl.4
United Kingdom

djiuser_hUVbhw478Mk3 Posted at 9-4 05:42
I've now tried on many more locations are places where interference should be low still gives drop outs not just bad signal.

I've now backed out to version 400 and not had a drop out yet despite being in the same locations.

If it was a problem with the RC connecting to the drone, then interference could well be an issue. However, the error showing in the video you posted was the RC not connected to the mobile which is unlikely to be due to interference. Have you checked that the cable connecting your RC and mobile is undamaged and securely attached at both ends? Is there any debris in the sockets on the RC or mobile? Do you have any apps running in the background on your mobile? If it was a problem with the firmware, I would expect many more people to be complaining about it. I haven’t had any connection problems between my mobile and the RC with the latest firmware (using an iPhone).
2020-9-4
Use props
djiuser_hUVbhw478Mk3
lvl.1
United Kingdom

As I've just posted since installing the older version 400 I haven't seen any disconnects yet
2020-9-4
Use props
vortex19
lvl.4
United Kingdom

djiuser_hUVbhw478Mk3 Posted at 9-4 07:40
As I've just posted since installing the older version 400 I haven't seen any disconnects yet

Were all of the disconnects you had between the RC and the mobile (as shown in your video)? What sort of phone are you using?
2020-9-4
Use props
djiuser_hUVbhw478Mk3
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Yes they were. Huawei P20
Interestingly, these didn't occur initially but got worse after an update.
Yes they seem like a cable issue but low and behold version 400 seems to have resolved it. I'll post again if they reoccur of course
2020-9-4
Use props
djiuser_hUVbhw478Mk3
lvl.1
United Kingdom

djiuser_hUVbhw478Mk3 Posted at 9-4 05:42

Forum won't let me amend my now in correct reply so posting again.

Ive now tried on many more locations and places where interference should be low still gives drop outs not just bad signal.

I've now backed out to version 400 and not had a drop out yet despite being in the same locations. Spoke too soon, slightly rainy day and lots of drop outs,  interference seems strong. Same location at home thats been perfect.
Couldnt download the video as too many drop outs. Disconnected cable from rc to phone and reconnected and all good.

Is it the cable after all? . Is it atmospherics or did v400 help. I really dont know. Shouldn't  have to do all this as lots of people experienceing the same.

Surely dji know what's going on that makes the Mini unusable on days like this.

Do I send it back?
Do I get a new cable from dji?
Do I just keep struggling.?

2020-9-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules