Videos flicker
2264 10 2020-8-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sergiy P
lvl.2

Ukraine

Hi, there is a problem with Mavic 2 Zoom. Videos flicker, manual mode. Here are several samples with different lighting conditions https://drive.google.com/drive/f ... ISLGAs?usp=sharing. h.265, 4K 30fps. cannot really use such material.
  Is it a warranty case? Or why does it happen?

2020-8-18
Use props
Tentoes
First Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

I haven't watched all of them, but I think I see what you're talking about. Looks like exposure changing during the shot. If you're using auto exposure, click the lock icon on the bottom right of the screen before the shot. Otherwise, try manual exposure.

Oh, and what kind of an SD card are you using? You need one that either says V30 or has a U with a 3 inside of it.
2020-8-18
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

I agree with Tentoes, looks like a change in exposure.
2020-8-18
Use props
Sergiy P
lvl.2

Ukraine

Tentoes Posted at 8-18 14:15
I haven't watched all of them, but I think I see what you're talking about. Looks like exposure changing during the shot. If you're using auto exposure, click the lock icon on the bottom right of the screen before the shot. Otherwise, try manual exposure.

Oh, and what kind of an SD card are you using? You need one that either says V30 or has a U with a 3 inside of it.

Thank you Tentos for recommendation. However, I shoot in Manual, so exposure cannot change automatically. My card is Sandisk Extreme Pro with V30 and U3.
So it looks to me there is a defect with camera or software?
2020-8-18
Use props
Tentoes
First Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

Sergiy P Posted at 8-18 22:47
Thank you Tentos for recommendation. However, I shoot in Manual, so exposure cannot change automatically. My card is Sandisk Extreme Pro with V30 and U3.
So it looks to me there is a defect with camera or software?

Hmm. Hope someone more expert than I chimes in.
2020-8-19
Use props
twitch43
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1194662 ft
United States

Do you use ND filters?  I watched a YouTube video where the drone pilot suggested that ND filters helped with video flicker.
2020-8-20
Use props
Sergiy P
lvl.2

Ukraine

twitch43 Posted at 8-20 05:26
Do you use ND filters?  I watched a YouTube video where the drone pilot suggested that ND filters helped with video flicker.

I did with one of the videos I shared. no difference. it flickers, looks like even worse. at least for me.
2020-8-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. May I know have you tried to reset the camera settings? If yes and the issue still persists, kindly please contact our DJI support team to further diagnose the cause of the issue. Please note the repair cost will depend on the warranty period of the said drone; otherwise, valid charges will apply. Again, I am sorry for the trouble. Thank you.
2020-8-21
Use props
Sergiy P
lvl.2

Ukraine

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-21 08:07
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. May I know have you tried to reset the camera settings? If yes and the issue still persists, kindly please contact our DJI support team to further diagnose the cause of the issue. Please note the repair cost will depend on the warranty period of the said drone; otherwise, valid charges will apply. Again, I am sorry for the trouble. Thank you.

yes, I did contact Support, first step they suggested is to reset camera settings and format SD card. This is what I did. Flickering problem the way it was disappeared, however, it now flickers in a bit different way, horizontal bands of a lighter shade running up and down at certain conditions.
As far as I can judge it depends in the angle between camera axis and the sun. If the sun is in front of camera at approx 70-80 degrees to the axis (in other words almost parallel to the lens surface) it flickers in that way.

Couple of videos in flicker2 folder at the link below, 0134 flickers all the time, 0147 flickers between seconds 50 and 60.
https://drive.google.com/drive/f ... UISLGAs?usp=sharing

I reported it back to Support, waiting for the answer.
Thank you for asking.
2020-8-24
Use props
Sergiy P
lvl.2

Ukraine

Sergiy P Posted at 8-24 11:02
yes, I did contact Support, first step they suggested is to reset camera settings and format SD card. This is what I did. Flickering problem the way it was disappeared, however, it now flickers in a bit different way, horizontal bands of a lighter shade running up and down at certain conditions.
As far as I can judge it depends in the angle between camera axis and the sun. If the sun is in front of camera at approx 70-80 degrees to the axis (in other words almost parallel to the lens surface) it flickers in that way.

Looks like flickering problem with horizontal bands running up and down have found explanation. Support answered the following:
=============================
In regards to your inquiry, after confirming with our concerned team, there is the propeller shadow in the video you provided.

Due to the integrated structure of the gimbal and the overall upward adjustment, the propeller shadow will be more serious when the flight attitude is large;

1. It is recommended to fly with a smaller attitude when shooting videos;
2. It is recommended to lower the tilt angle of the gimbal for shooting.
========================================

So it looks like a realistic cause, I was ascending at 40-50kmph speed, which made the drone to lean forward. And the sun was shining through the propeller.

Posting this in the case anyone else has similar problem.
2020-8-28
Use props
Francis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 774203 ft
Brazil

thanks for sharing
2020-8-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules