Osmo Action Mimo screen tilt problem with RockSteady
1722 5 2020-8-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans94d7418b
lvl.1
Australia

When recording 4K video with RockSteady on, the iPad Mimo app screen is rotated 2.8 degrees counter clockwise compared to the video that is actually being recorded by the camera.

This does not happen with RockSteady off.

This happens with Firmware  V01.09.00.10

Does not happen when testing with an older camera with Firmware  V01.03.00.10

Action Cam settings:

Firmware  V01.09.00.10

Video: 4K    25P   16:9

ISO:  100

Shutter speed: 1/50 to 1/2000 sec

Rocksteady: On

DeWarp:  On

In standby mode, the camera is set up level with a good horizon which can be seen on the rear screen of the camera and on the iPad Mimo app.  Grid lines are turned on to allow correct levelling. When recording is activated the screen view on the iPad Mimo app and the rear camera screen immediately rotates 2.8 degrees counter clockwise. If the camera is not rotated physically from setup the recorded image will have horizon level but what is viewed on the iPad Mimo or camera rear screen will be rotated.

If the monitored view is aligned to horizontal while recording then the recorded video will be rotated 2.8 degrees clockwise.

So if the Action Cam is set up straight and level and not moved the camera will record straight and level videos but the monitored view, while recording will be rotated 2.8 degrees anti clockwise.

If the monitored view is used to set the camera with a level horizon during recording then the resulting recorded video will be rotated 2.8 degrees clockwise from horizontal.

This makes it impossible to record with horizons straight when using monitoring with any device.

When recording is stopped the monitored image rotates back to normal.

The amount of rotation is variable. It can be from zero to 3 degrees.

Advice please?

Here's a pic showing the iPad Mimo screen just prior to tapping the record button

And another pic showing the iPad Mimo screen whilst recording

Here's a pic showing the iPad Mimo screen just prior to tapping the record button

2020-8-19
Use props
fans94d7418b
lvl.1
Australia

2020-8-19
Use props
fans94d7418b
lvl.1
Australia

2020-8-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for giving out these information and these photos for comparison.  I will cascade these thread to the designated DJI department for further attention and evaluation. For the latest DJI updates. Kindly please stay tuned or visit our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Again, thank you for your valued support and please stay safe always.
2020-8-20
Use props
ChowBow
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 2020-8-20 22:32
Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for giving out these information and these photos for comparison.  I will cascade these thread to the designated DJI department for further attention and evaluation. For the latest DJI updates. Kindly please stay tuned or visit our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Again, thank you for your valued support and please stay safe always.

Hi,
Has this problem been resolved?
I had the osmo action for about 3 months, and I cant fix this horizon tilting issue. Mine is the same as the pics above. When I press record, the horizon angles up slightly about 15 degrees. No matter how I adjust my gimbal, horizon is always tilted up - its very obvious when  shooting views with horizons.
It's now October 2021!!
2021-10-27
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Never paid attention on a two year plus old camera, think they are all interested today in new releases then spending funds in tweaking,  have you tried turning off rocksteady and dewarp? and sample footage
2021-10-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules