o(^-^)o
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

https://app.airdata.com/flight/6 ... ns&val=detailed

If you see at the beginning at 36.5s I get this error:

Not Enough Force/ESC Error. Aircraft max power load reached. Decrease  altitude and fly with caution. If this issue persists, land  immediately(Code: 30168)

And at 36.7s I get in (full panic mode) with maximum reverse to get it to stop.

Wonder what could cause the fly away? Strong wind?

2020-8-22
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

I know I started with too few satelittes (beginner error)
2020-8-22
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha johansen,

Yes, strong winds would be expected to cause such entries.  So, was the wind in excess of 15 knots or so?  

If you intend to fly in high winds, besides it being very risky, be sure everything you try is upwind first!  And remember that wind is stronger, in many cases much stronger, at higher altitudes.  Be careful!

Do remember that the Mavic Mini is a small bird with small motors.  Of all my drones, my Mavic Mini is the least capable in almost any wind over 10 mph.

Take care and be safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2020-8-22
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Had a look at your log as well.

Do you remember wich heading your MM was on the ground before takeoff ??  

In the log the craft heading changes (after takeoff) 60 degrees to the right without rc INPUT.
Looks like your compass was disturbed....that`s why (imo) it started to move away!

At about 31 seconds in flight speed from zero to 15 m/s without pitch and/or roll input.
During the climb after takeoff normal pitch/roll values for your MM, so could handle the wind.Suddenly at 35 meters it started to move away, if the wind was the cause than before reaching 35 meters  pitch/roll values would have changed.

see the chart, it is at the point where you applied full reverse to stop the craft.But in the log craft heading is 'south' and craft moving 'North', so correction if heading value is correct that forward stick was correct to do.
Conclusion, compass heading (and thus data in the log) in error.

Always check before take-off if the heading of your craft is correct, see the map view for craft heading and check if that is the same as the actual heading on the ground.

BTW  8 or 9 satelittes with 4 bar for reception is OKE, more is better ofcourse. (with 4 bar the HP is set, in your log 5 seconds after sytarting rotors)

At the end of the flight the GPS reception to zero, so fliying in OPTI mode. (be carefull if you not aware of this, RTH does not work with no GPS)

cheers
JJB

analysis1.png
2020-8-22
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Cetacean Posted at 8-22 01:53
Aloha johansen,

Yes, strong winds would be expected to cause such entries.  So, was the wind in excess of 15 knots or so?  

Yesterday the wind was calm but it suddenly could get really strong (gusty wind) for a few seconds. I didn't know that until I started flying since I have been inside that hall.

Yeah I know that MM is not good in strong wind, that's why I tend to never fly when the wind is stronger than a breeze.

Thank you for you answer.
2020-8-22
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

JJB* Posted at 8-22 02:08
Hi,

Just after take-off I gained altitude before turning first 90 to right and after that little more to get distance (just when it started to fly-away). I upload a short clip that short from when I start to when I made it to stop.
Do this answer it? Thank you for answering

(at 0:20 seconds in the video the gimbal make a strange move too)

2020-8-22
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Hi,

I forgot to mention, at the end of the flight I was flying inside the hall so that's why the log is showing 0 satelittes. I have learned to never fly far with less than 30% batteri, so I never do that again (after my accident last winter)
2020-8-22
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

johansenfoto Posted at 8-22 02:28
Just after take-off I gained altitude before turning first 90 to right and after that little more to get distance (just when it started to fly-away). I upload a short clip that short from when I start to when I made it to stop.
Do this answer it? Thank you for answering

hi,

not really... ;-)  would be nice to know wich heading it was at takeoff?  

if i check your takeoff spot next to the house in GE than my guess is that your MM was heading 190 at the ground.In the log is written 280 at start, and shortly after takeoff 040.

cheers
JJB
2020-8-22
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

johansenfoto Posted at 8-22 02:33
I forgot to mention, at the end of the flight I was flying inside the hall so that's why the log is showing 0 satelittes. I have learned to never fly far with less than 30% batteri, so I never do that again (after my accident last winter)

a oke,  make sense   no gps inside a hall.
2020-8-22
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

JJB* Posted at 8-22 02:47
hi,

not really... ;-)  would be nice to know wich heading it was at takeoff?  

Oh. I'm not really sure about the heading. I was hoping this video could show a little more to clearify
2020-8-22
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

johansenfoto Posted at 8-22 03:04
Oh. I'm not really sure about the heading. I was hoping this video could show a little more to clearify

well, in the video at take off your house in the reference....so the short side of that house is heading ?
2020-8-22
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

Do you still have the .Dat from this flight?
2020-8-22
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

JJB* Posted at 8-22 03:17
well, in the video at take off your house in the reference....so the short side of that house is heading ?

Short side is heading South-East, and my fly-away is North-West
2020-8-22
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

ABeardedItalian Posted at 8-22 03:27
Do you still have the .Dat from this flight?

Yes I have.

https://filebin.net/4chhnptnbqbwgtwu
2020-8-22
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

johansenfoto Posted at 8-22 04:01
Short side is heading South-East, and my fly-away is North-West

Hiya,

Oke,  south-east: approx 225 heading, in the log start heading is 280.Mismatch will cause a fly away as corrective actions to keep craft in hover will adjust the wrong motors

a compass error, see chart. Normally both YAW and MAG YAW should be equal.

In the eventlog :
00028.118 |  00 m  28.1 s |    [L-FDI]NS(0) FUSION(0): FAULT ON . MAGN_HEADING_ERR_LARGE
00032.343 |  00 m  32.3 s |    [L-FDI]NS(0) COMPASS(0):FAULT ON. OVER_LARGE
00033.258 |  00 m  33.2 s |    [L-FDI][CTRL]: FAULT ON . HORIZ_CTRL_FAIL
00036.473 |  00 m  36.4 s |    [L-FDI][CTRL]: FAULT OFF. HORIZ_CTRL_FAIL
00036.752 |  00 m  36.7 s |    [L-FDI]NS(0) COMPASS(0):FAULT OFF. OVER_LARGE
00036.984 |  00 m  36.9 s |    [L-FDI]NS(0) COMPASS(0):FAULT ON. INTERFERE

so always check compass before starting a flight.

cheers
JJB
2020-8-22
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

JJB* Posted at 8-22 05:19
Hiya,

Oke,  south-east: approx 225 heading, in the log start heading is 280.Mismatch will cause a fly away as corrective actions to keep craft in hover will

Ah good to know and thank you really much for this detailed information

This is what this forum is good for, helping us with not much flytime
2020-8-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there johansenfoto. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. With regards to this concern and since you are receiving a Code: 30168 on the DJI Fly application. Kindly please refresh the firmware of your DJI Mavic Mini using the DJI Assistant 2 ( https://www.dji.com/mavic-mini/downloads ) and please calibrate the IMU on a flat surface with less interference and the compass to isolate the issue. If issue persists after these troubleshooting steps, I would recommend to please contact our DJI support team at  https://www.dji.com/support for further diagnose of the said DJI drone and a proper resolution will be provided. Again I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for your understanding.
2020-8-23
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-23 20:11
Hello there johansenfoto. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. With regards to this concern and since you are receiving a Code: 30168 on the DJI Fly application. Kindly please refresh the firmware of your DJI Mavic Mini using the DJI Assistant 2 ( https://www.dji.com/mavic-mini/downloads ) and please calibrate the IMU on a flat surface with less interference and the compass to isolate the issue. If issue persists after these troubleshooting steps, I would recommend to please contact our DJI support team at  https://www.dji.com/support for further diagnose of the said DJI drone and a proper resolution will be provided. Again I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for your understanding.

Thank you for reaching out to me about this.
I will do that and will see if it helps.
Thank you again.
2020-8-24
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

Hi,

In the log the craft heading changes (after takeoff) 60 degrees to the right without rc INPUT.

60 degs is a lot (possible interference from that metal plate shack?). My Mini sometimes changes compass heading as soon as moves after take-off. It looks like 10-15° mismatch in map but when I move forward it changes a bit (I guess based on GPS data). Never experienced this with Air2 and never had to calibrate the compass in two months.
2020-8-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

johansenfoto Posted at 8-24 03:46
Thank you for reaching out to me about this.
I will do that and will see if it helps.
Thank you again.

Hi there johansenfoto. You are very much welcome and thank you for the information you have given. Please keep us posted fro further assistance. Thank you and fly safe always.
2020-8-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules