Unlock Authorization Zone
1471 7 2020-8-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mrsr71
lvl.2
Flight distance : 40394 ft
United States

I have an issue that I just can’t figure out.

Due to the fires  in Cali, several areas need authorization to take off. I’m in one of  those areas. I went to the DJI website and went through the procedures  to unlock and I received an unlock code in my DJI Fly app. When you  check the app it says the unlock code is valid but, it sill states on  the main home screen screen that I need authorization to take off!  When  you look at the page with the unlock codes is says the aircraft is NOT connected but, the aircraft IS connected to the controller. This is very frustrating. Can someone help me out?

Thanks…

2020-8-22
Use props
djiuser_lnF7OTbzF8aK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1327283 ft
United States

ME TOO!!!
I just got a mini and i cant fly it even in my garage!!! wtf!!!
2020-8-22
Use props
djiuser_84Iu2ifpgDEW
New

United Kingdom

Me to, this is so rubbish, think a return and money back is in order!!!! Very poor !!!
So dissatisfied
2020-8-23
Use props
ReefsnRidges
lvl.2
United States

Count me in.  I'm a part 107 pilot who showed up for a real estate shoot, had secured low altitude  FAA approval via the LAANC system.  Logged into DJI website, applied for and received a self unlock of a a fly zone.  Showed up to the photo shoot, no good!  Disconnected my $1000 cyrstal sky, plugged in my iPhone and still couldn't talk off!  May have a fire sale on all my DJI crap, don't need this kind of big brother harassment and embarrassment showing up with junk that won't fly.  FAA grants approval, but not DJI.  Ridiculous.
2020-10-28
Use props
mrsr71
lvl.2
United States

Here’s the trick. After you go to the DJI website to get your unlock code and you’ve verified it’s in the app, move your sticks both in, or out to the bottom - can’t remember. It will see that you have an unlock code and you can take off.
2020-10-28
Use props
ReefsnRidges
lvl.2
United States

mrsr71 Posted at 10-28 15:46
Here’s the trick. After you go to the DJI website to get your unlock code and you’ve verified it’s in the app, move your sticks both in, or out to the bottom - can’t remember. It will see that you have an unlock code and you can take off.

Appreciate the help however, I did try (sticks in) to arm and no-go.  My controller was connected ("ready to go") however when I pulled up the app in the "unlocking list" it displayed the unlock certificate and also displayed "disconnected".  When I clicked on "aircraft" in the same screen it displayed "no unlocking certificate".  So I don't know what the heck is going on.  Just terribly frustrating as you can see from my initial post!
2020-10-29
Use props
mrsr71
lvl.2
United States

ReefsnRidges Posted at 10-29 06:41
Appreciate the help however, I did try (sticks in) to arm and no-go.  My controller was connected ("ready to go") however when I pulled up the app in the "unlocking list" it displayed the unlock certificate and also displayed "disconnected".  When I clicked on "aircraft" in the same screen it displayed "no unlocking certificate".  So I don't know what the heck is going on.  Just terribly frustrating as you can see from my initial post!

Make sure you have downloaded the unlock code for the"correct"aircraft.
2020-10-29
Use props
ReefsnRidges
lvl.2
United States

mrsr71 Posted at 10-29 10:19
Make sure you have downloaded the unlock code for the"correct"aircraft.

I have that covered, only have one aircraft.  Just got off the phone with DJI, they're escalating the case so not much help there.  I get the reasoning behind these restrictions however, as a part 107 pilot certified by the FAA, why should I be beholden to DJI when I've obtained proper clearance through the FAA.  That's what torques my converter about all of this.
2020-10-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules