Anyone know why DJI doesn't communicate nor ship?
1682 21 2015-6-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
golden.jms
New

United States

I ordered a Phantom 3 two weeks ago. I email and get mocking replies, the dates they say they will ship changes daily. I know they have tons of orders but no communication and they don't ship their product?

I'm beginning to believe this is a scam. It is a Chinese company after all, they don't follow proper business rules because they're Chinese and act superior.

Should I cancel this order and go with another company? It's not as if there aren't other RPV out there. If I cancel will they even acknowledge?
2015-6-22
Use props
emptymind
lvl.2

United States

Cancel the order and get your money back then order from a USA based dealer. Do not buy direct from DJI - read other posts about this.
2015-6-22
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

I'm more convinced every day that DJI is running a PONZI scheme. They take your money to pay for the items they purchased to ship to the guy that's been waiting close to a month ago.

DJI vent to the capital market a few months back for $75 million dollars for supposed expansion.

DJI is shipping, but slowly to dealers. The dealers pay from 10-30 days after receipt of order. They don't pay retail like you or I do. So if the dealers doesn't have product, he can't sell and doesn't pay. DJI makes all of the money for items on their website. They've got your money right away.

While the DJI website informs you that items will ship with 5-7 business days from payment confirmation, they don't.

If you paid via PayPal, start a dispute and get your money back. Order from a local dealer, at least if there's an issue you have a face to complain to. Get the dealer to demo your unit and have them install all the firmware before acceptance.
2015-6-22
Use props
ecarpo
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Got mine in 6 days from order to delivery and messages replied to promptly.

An American commenting that the Chinese act "superior", give me a break.
2015-6-22
Use props
TonyMF
lvl.2

Canada

I've ordered 2 batteries on the 18th of May and still waiting. They still advertise 10-15 business days and now I'm at day 26 with them collecting my payment 35 days ago.

They simply respond to my emails with 'sorry' they're out of stock.

They simply seem to not care at all what any of their customers think of their business practices.
2015-6-22
Use props
villachristian
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1358215 ft
Italy

Hi...
I've asked for support by mail...but no one reply...and at least mine were only information...grat service!!!!
2015-6-22
Use props
spiderbot.sb
lvl.4
United States

vu.q.le@outlook Posted at 2015-6-23 01:32
You guys are all morons! It's a Chinese company located in China. What do you expect? The culture is ...

I ordered from an american dealer via amazon and I still don't have my batteries.
2015-6-22
Use props
golden.jms
New

United States

vu.q.le@outlook Posted at 2015-6-23 01:32
You guys are all morons! It's a Chinese company located in China. What do you expect? The culture is ...

that's a lot of help. you just be a real treat around the home. thanks.
2015-6-22
Use props
golden.jms
New

United States

ecarpo@hotmail. Posted at 2015-6-22 22:58
Got mine in 6 days from order to delivery and messages replied to promptly.

An American commenting ...

yay! a silly brit replied. typical of the british mindset, knows absolutely nothing but they will talk about Americans as if the bitter taste still hasn't left.

thanks for your contribution. now shut up and get to the back of the bus where you belong.
2015-6-22
Use props
vu.q.le
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-6-22
Use props
golden.jms
New

United States

The only replies I get to my emails is "your order has been updated" with absolutely no action taken on their end.

I'm tempted to cancel the order but I don't think that will cause them to do anything. I'll have to call the credit card company and have them blacklist DJI for me. Terrible customer service. Terrible!
2015-6-23
Use props
golden.jms
New

United States

screw it. I cancelled it. Two weeks and no communication, just take your money and hope you don't complain.
2015-6-23
Use props
jlconnor88
lvl.1

United States

golden.jms@gmai Posted at 2015-6-23 19:34
screw it. I cancelled it. Two weeks and no communication, just take your money and hope you don't co ...

How long did it take to get your money back?
2015-6-23
Use props
golden.jms
New

United States

jlconnor88 Posted at 2015-6-23 23:27
How long did it take to get your money back?

I called the credit card (bank) and had it removed/disputed. So it was immediate. Since it hasn't shipped and they aren't even replying to email the bank had no problem with me disputing it.  If DJI goes ahead and ships I will return it but the charge is disputed and gone for good.
2015-6-23
Use props
jlconnor88
lvl.1

United States

golden.jms@gmai Posted at 2015-6-24 01:24
I called the credit card (bank) and had it removed/disputed. So it was immediate. Since it hasn't  ...

I'm gonna give it a few more days and if I don't hear anything I'm going to follow suit.
2015-6-23
Use props
Paul
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4596 ft
Canada

golden.jms@gmai Posted at 2015-6-23 03:44
that's a lot of help. you just be a real treat around the home. thanks.

Nice!   vu.q.le is nothing but a loud-mouth troublemaker.
2015-6-23
Use props
golden.jms
New

United States

Well, it took 17 emails but the order is finally cancelled. They never replied or took action, the replies I received read "you order has been updated". I sent one last email with the words "CANCEL THIS ORDER!!" proudly displayed and repeated roughly 80 times. Within minutes (it must be a working day in China) I received a reply apologizing for the inconvenience and canceling the order.

Unfuckingbelievable.  I have already ordered will receive the microdrone I ordered from Germany by Friday. They even sent me a confirmation/tracking number. It's amazing what a well motivated employee can/will do for a customer with money to throw. It costs more than the inspire but it does so much more. I still have my first Phantom and I am very pleased with it. The company grew too quick for their own good, are completely unprepared for this kind of business and as a result won't get any new orders from little ol' me.
2015-6-24
Use props
4wd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 545817 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Interesting tactic from them regarding my battery order.
I sent them two messages (unanswered) that I needed to start Paypal dispute due to 45 day time limit fast approaching.
So today I started a dispute.
Within the hour a pleading message to cancel the dispute as the system cannot process the order if a dispute is current.

Now forgive me DJI but you still have 20 days to resolve the non-delivery - you know by *delivering*.
Do you really think I'm going  to give you the money for an indefinite period - with no way to reclaim - when you have such a cavalier attitude to customer service that you don't even answer tickets but simply close them with no comment.
2015-6-24
Use props
DMB2015
lvl.2

Canada

I ordered through a Canadian dealer on May 3 and I am still waiting for my P3.  Obviously the company cannot keep up to the demand. It has nothing to do with being Chinese.  
2015-6-24
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

4wd Posted at 2015-6-24 19:28
Interesting tactic from them regarding my battery order.
I sent them two messages (unanswered) that  ...

I think that with all of the disputes being filed, that DJI had better walk a tight rope or their ability to accept PayPal may be coming to an end.

PayPal does keep a close eye on vendors accepting payment via their service. If there are enough complaints, PayPal will first give them a written warning, if they keep up and additional complaints are received, they will lock the account and wait to see if there are additional claims before releasing the account funds.
2015-6-24
Use props
4wd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 545817 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What I don't get is they still seem to have hopelessly vague delivery time yet dealers have plenty now.
After finally getting my May 15th order refunded I found two dealers with batteries in minutes.
One said they have more than 100, do I want it next day.

My most exasperating online purchase ever by far.
2015-6-25
Use props
bactrimforte
lvl.2

Italy

My two cents:
business in China is, in part, still managed for chinese customers. It is a cultural difference, that's it. Google, for example, "chinese cultural differences customer care" it'll be plenty of papers and researches.

In the last decade I travelled around Asia a lot, also for really small businesses and, unfortunately for me, the cultural difference could ruin a good business for a nothing, like the delivery date repeatedly postponed, or saying something false to not upset you (once a vietnamese man in Hoi An let me going around the town with false information. After a couple of hours I met him again and asked what was going on and he told me fake info to not let me worry about his lack of information...)

This difference, obviously, is for us a real pain in the a...nkle. Is not in our behaviours to act like that and to be "treated" like that.

In a near future only the firms able to jump this gap between "us" and "them" will sell on a global market for more than a couple of month

PS: this lack of info is so frustrating that sometimes I'd like to buy a domain donotbuydji.com
2015-6-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules