Litchi App support on iPhone
1782 6 2020-8-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AidanDroneFan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1079094 ft
Canada

Most of you may know that Litchi is supported on Mavic mini I was just wondering if the support for the Mavic mini works on iPhone I know the Litchi app allows you to do it on android with the Mavic mini but does it work with iPhone?
2020-8-26
Use props
59 North TV
lvl.3
Flight distance : 20456 ft
United Kingdom

Yes you can apply to test (and therefore download) the app for iPhone, but be warned they still have a lot to do on the IOS version. I've been testing it fo a week so far not had one really successful track yet
2020-8-26
Use props
Big Nate
lvl.1
Flight distance : 259370 ft
Canada

I’m testing the iOS Litchi Beta and it does work in some modes. Track works which can track you via the phone processing the live image. You need a fairly new phone for it to work well (I’m using a iPhone XR). It can also orbit while tracking. Also the Pano works well shooting 360 panoramas and stitching them together right in the app. The Way points don’t work in Litchi  or the follow mode which can track your phones GPS on the Android Litchi Beta. They say it’s coming to iOS? Not sure we’ll get waypoints though because Litchi uploads the waypoint to the drone and it flys the mission autonomously even if the controller gets disconnected. But the Mavic Mini isn’t capable of downloading the waypoints. Drone Link let’s you do waypoints on the Mini but it uses the phone to calculate the waypoints GPS and uses virtual stick commands to control the drone in real-time via the controller. I’ve been using DroneLink too and it works quite well. There’s a bit of a learning curve but it can do very complicated waypoint missions with waypoints, orbits, points of interest and more. The release of this SDK has really made the Mavic Mini much more capable drone. It can almost do everything my Mavic Pro can do now minus obstacle avoidance, 4K and Raw.
2020-8-26
Use props
AidanDroneFan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1079094 ft
Canada

Big Nate Posted at 8-26 10:03
I’m testing the iOS Litchi Beta and it does work in some modes. Track works which can track you via the phone processing the live image. You need a fairly new phone for it to work well (I’m using a iPhone XR). It can also orbit while tracking. Also the Pano works well shooting 360 panoramas and stitching them together right in the app. The Way points don’t work in Litchi  or the follow mode which can track your phones GPS on the Android Litchi Beta. They say it’s coming to iOS? Not sure we’ll get waypoints though because Litchi uploads the waypoint to the drone and it flys the mission autonomously even if the controller gets disconnected. But the Mavic Mini isn’t capable of downloading the waypoints. Drone Link let’s you do waypoints on the Mini but it uses the phone to calculate the waypoints GPS and uses virtual stick commands to control the drone in real-time via the controller. I’ve been using DroneLink too and it works quite well. There’s a bit of a learning curve but it can do very complicated waypoint missions with waypoints, orbits, points of interest and more. The release of this SDK has really made the Mavic Mini much more capable drone. It can almost do everything my Mavic Pro can do now minus obstacle avoidance, 4K and Raw.

Thanks for the information!
2020-8-26
Use props
RuivoM
lvl.1

Portugal

Does it support setting circle mode in loop? If so, how can I apply for beta? Thank you!
2020-8-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. With regards to using a third party application for the DJI Mavic Mini. Since the Litchi application has not been tested by our DJI R&D team, it may work but we cannot guarantee the stability and compatibility of the said application during flight. Kindly please use the recommended application which is the DJI Fly to ensure stability and compatibility during flight. Thank you.
2020-8-27
Use props
TDZHDTV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-27 07:01
Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. With regards to using a third party application for the DJI Mavic Mini. Since the Litchi application has not been tested by our DJI R&D team, it may work but we cannot guarantee the stability and compatibility of the said application during flight. Kindly please use the recommended application which is the DJI Fly to ensure stability and compatibility during flight. Thank you.

Hi DJI Paladin, maybe if DJI added Spotlight and panoramic modes customers would not have to rely on 3rd party apps unlock theirs Mini
2020-8-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules