Mavic Air 2 controller keeps beeping
2265 9 2020-8-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tomek30f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 85502 ft
Poland

I bought 1 month ago new Mavic Air 2 and after using it without problems, one day I wanted to fly but after turning on controller it keeps beeping.
There was no additional factor that could cause this like software update.
I read that this might be related to RC calibration so I tried to do so (like 20 times) but that did not help.
When I enter calibration mode beeping disappear I am able to finish it with success but just after this beeping is back.
I also tried to update/refresh/downgrade controller firmware though DJI Assitant 2 app but this did not help either.
I found one way for beeping to go away for some time is that after I turn on controller I have to go to calibration and then abandon it.
For that one fly session I am able to use drone without this beeping but this is not the way it should go.
Is it related with software and might be fixed with new update (last one did not help) or this is hardware and I need to send it for repair?

Beeping is same as in this post https://forum.dji.com/thread-171836-1-1.html

2020-8-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Using dji assistant refresh firmware . This should work.
2020-8-27
Use props
tomek30f
lvl.1
Poland

I tried a couple of times downgrade/upgrade/refresh none of these worked for me.
2020-8-27
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

The most obvious reason for RC beeping is low battery.  The most obvious is sometimes overlooked so I'm not trying to embarrass you, just cover all the bases.  On page 34 of the manual it says the RC will begin beeping once the power gets to 6-10%.  This can be cancelled by tapping the power button.  The beeping can't be cancelled once the power gets below 5%.
2020-8-27
Use props
tomek30f
lvl.1
Poland

As for power I charged it fully so this is not the case. Now I am trying to fully discharge it as I read somewhere that remote may need reset and best option is to disconnect battery which I cant do because of warranty.

Regarding centring sticks and gimbal they mechanically return to right positions.
2020-8-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. Since the issue still persists after completing multiple troubleshooting steps. It would be best to contact our DJI support team to further diagnose the cause of the issue and a proper resolution will be provided. Thank you.
2020-8-27
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

This anomaly is interesting to me because I get this problem almost every time when using the Mini, but never when using the MA2, sometimes with the same device.
2020-8-27
Use props
tomek30f
lvl.1
Poland

I sent my remote to DJI repair center.
Now it is fixed and I got message from them like 4 days ago with DHL tracking number which cant be found in DHL tracking system.
In email there is written "has been shipped"
Should be worry already or this is normal?
2020-9-28
Use props
tomek30f
lvl.1
Poland

Never mind. I have just received email that is already in my country and I can track it from now.
2020-9-28
Use props
tomek30f
lvl.1
Poland

Today I received repaired controller. Thx DJI.
2020-9-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules