805 5 2020-8-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_AJmEIlf6kr6y
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5375315 ft
Israel

Hello DJI'res,

I'm having an issue with my P4P V2 and taking photo's with "Time interval 2 sec" in DJI GO 4 App, I just can't figure it out and I need some help please.

For some reason, when I set the drone to take an image every 2 seconds, some of the images won't be recorded\saved to the SD card, strangely though, I get cache images on my TAB and the flight logs show's me the telemetry (and a small icon) of every image that was taken and yet, there is no trace of them on the SD card.
Today I flew 2 batteries in two locations and each time, the first flight wasn't recorded at all except for the first image that was taken as soon as i got up in the air and the last image just before landing. The second flight went ok and everything is recorded on the SD card. It happen twice.

During the flight everything seems to be normal, there is a count down on the screen, I can hear the shutter sound (klik) though sometimes it won't "klik", the "shoot" button on the screen has a moving circle around it and there is even a lag in controls just after the image.

I am using a Lenovo Tab M8. I shoot in 3:2, 1/800 shutter speed, manual focus lock, only JPG format (no dng) and I use a Samsung 128gb SD card, the fastest availble on the market.
I don't know if it is important but I fly in fast circles when i shoot.

Thank you in advance and any help will be appreciated.
2020-8-27
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

It happened to me too with the DJI GS Pro app but it seems it's beyond just the app.  With the drones, if it's supposed to take a shot then the shot Should be taken.  It would be nice to see a check mark in the middle that disappears to know it was complete.

I'm using the latest iPad, I think 7th? and you are using android so we can rule out it's not the apps or the operating system.
2020-8-27
Use props
djiuser_AJmEIlf6kr6y
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5375315 ft
Israel

AntDX316 Posted at 8-27 10:30
It happened to me too with the DJI GS Pro app but it seems it's beyond just the app.  With the drones, if it's supposed to take a shot then the shot Should be taken.  It would be nice to see a check mark in the middle that disappears to know it was complete.

I'm using the latest iPad, I think 7th? and you are using android so we can rule out it's not the apps or the operating system.

I hate when expensive h-itech technology won't do what it supposed to do....

So how do you work around it?

I use it for land survey and it really messes up with my work. Maybe using different drone app will solve the issue?
2020-8-27
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_AJmEIlf6kr6y Posted at 8-27 10:36

Sometimes, doing the flight plan doesn't take all the shots as you know.  Dronedeploy has it take everything I think.  I'm not sure what they do on the app to make sure it does work but this should happen every time.
2020-8-27
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_AJmEIlf6kr6y Posted at 8-27 10:36

I use it for land survey and it really messes up with my work. Maybe using different drone app will solve the issue?
Rather than just interval shooting, why not use a proper mapping app to plan, fly and acquire your images with precise overlaps?
DroneDeploy is a good one.
2020-8-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. Upon checking the Lenovo Tab M8 is not listed as a recommended mobile device for the DJI Phantom 4 pro V2 as of the moment. Kindly please try a different recommended mobile device to isolate the issue. For reference I have posted an image for the recommended android mobile device for the said drone. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

2020-8-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules