OM4 and Filmic Pro
4100 5 2020-8-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans53952b07
lvl.1
United States

I just received the OM4.  Because I have an anamorphic lens, I shoot most of my stuff on Filmic Pro.  I'm pleasantly surprised the OM4 balances beautifully with my lens and an ND filter, which the Osmo 3 didn't.  However, something strange is happening: when I turn on the OM4, the recording, settings and play buttons on Filmic Pro begin blinking and I'm unable to record anything.  Is there a conflict between the two apps?

2020-8-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Filmic Pro still doesn't support OM3 or 4.
2020-9-3
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing
2020-9-3
Use props
fans53952b07
lvl.1
United States

My understanding is that it's the other way around: DJI wasn't supporting Filmic Pro.  In re: to my issue, I hadn't updated the OM 4's firmware, and once I did it worked fine.  
2020-9-3
Use props
S.G.
lvl.1
Netherlands

fans53952b07 Posted at 9-3 09:18
My understanding is that it's the other way around: DJI wasn't supporting Filmic Pro.  In re: to my issue, I hadn't updated the OM 4's firmware, and once I did it worked fine.

What is "works with filmic pro"?
After updating the firmware i DO see the DJI MO4, but what good is that?
Zoom in-out, doesnt work. Stop-start recording doesnt work. Still have to touch the screen of my iphone for half of the buttons.
2020-9-5
Use props
fans53952b07
lvl.1
United States

I shoot in Filmic Pro because it has a higher 4K resolution and it also accommodates an anamorphic lens.  It would be great if DJI Mimo was able to do that as well... it doesn't even register that I have the lens on my Iphone!  I use the OM4 mainly for stable shots, and it works great (and the stop-start recording function on the OM4 works fine for me).  Other than the follow function, I rarely use the other functions the OM4 has.  Maybe if I were shooting a music video or something, which I don't do.
2020-9-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules