Controller for Mavic 2 Zoom not working on iPhone 8+
345 4 2020-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KriegTiger
lvl.1
United States

Hey folks. Recently traded up a Mavic Mini for a Mavic 2 Zoom. The phone I've been using to fly with is an iPhone 8+ - worked great on the Mini, but the controller for the Zoom won't recognize it. When I plug it in and open the app I go through these steps:

'enter device -> connect to the aircraft -> wired connection -> step 1 -> step 2 -> step 3 (link to aircraft)'. It stalls at this 'link to aircraft' stage even though the controller has bonded to the Mavic 2 and reports ready to fly. The button of 'link to aircraft' stays greyed out.

I've verified the controller works completely with an Android phone that I have (Pixel 3 XL), and the iPhone itself worked completely fine with the Mavic Mini and PC connectivity. I can only imagine it's a bad cable (although the drone/controller are brand new), or some hidden setting on the iPhone 8+ that I don't know needs to be change. I heard the iPhone 'chime' once as if it had been plugged into a power supply but it never did anything beyond that. iOS version is 13.6.1, app is whatever the latest version from the app store is for both android or iOS.

I don't have any other Micro-USB-B <--> Lightning cables to test if it's a bad cable with, what else can I do?

2020-8-31
Use props
KriegTiger
lvl.1
United States

Reading through more docs, found I can hook up a standard Type-A <-> Lightning cable to the bottom/central port on the controller. It picked up immediately, so I guess it's the short cable they provided with the controller that is not working.
2020-8-31
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there KriegTiger. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try to check if you have downloaded the DJI Go 4 application on the App store on your mobile device and see if the issue still persist? Please keep us posted fro further assistance. Thank you.
2020-8-31
Use props
KriegTiger
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-31 21:54
Hello there KriegTiger. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try to check if you have downloaded the DJI Go 4 application on the App store on your mobile device and see if the issue still persist? Please keep us posted fro further assistance. Thank you.

I opened a support case and will be getting a replacement lightning controller cable. This post can be considered 'resolved'
2020-9-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

KriegTiger Posted at 9-1 06:52
I opened a support case and will be getting a replacement lightning controller cable. This post can be considered 'resolved'

Hi there KriegTiger. Thank you for the reply and for giving out this update. If you have any other concerns or inquiry with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help you. Thank you.
2020-9-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules